True or False

Guest Lisa Courtney

Guest Lisa Courtney

The Reatta was the only two-seat passenger car that Buick ever produced ?

The Buick Reatta was the first car Buick advertised as a two-seater since the 1940 Buick model 46 ?

I have been boggled by these statements, what are the facts here?

Guest Lisa Courtney

Yeah it is confusing I done a search on the 1940 model 46 and the pictures shown were only of the exterior. Reading the informaiton it indicated that the back seat was missing. It wasn't there when they had originally purchased it. I wonder if there was one at all? I wished I could of seen the inside myself.

If you use the BCA Roster as reference, the 1940 46 is listed as a 2 passanger, 2 dr business coupe. The 1940 model 66 is also listed as a 2 passanger. The same basic car in 1941 is listed as a 3 passanger.

The maybe more correct way to find the last Buick that was a two passanger is to look for cars that were two seaters. You would need to look at pictures of Buicks from the first 1903 models up into the 20's that only had two front seats.

Guest Lisa Courtney

Thanks, I just felt like the 2 statements were contradicting. On the other hand I have a tendency of reading things and getting a different understanding at times. That is why I was asking. I thought the Reatta was the only 2 seater until I ran into the infromation on the model 46.

Guest Lisa Courtney

Hi Padgett,

What bugs me is someone not finishing a sentence lol......How have you been? I still have the copy of the pictures of your blue reatta's pin stripes. Was hoping to get them done correctly using it but,,,,the girl is fixing to have a new home.

Guest Lisa Courtney

I also now believe it is the marketing/advertising aspect of it. Both sites I read this from I believe are reputable I just thought someone had their wires crossed.

Guest Lisa Courtney

for some reason It won't let me type in or copy and paste the link here hmmmm

If you type in google search

1988 buick reatta

it will come up as the second link Murray company.com

The Reatta was the only two-seat passenger car that Buick ever produced ?

The Buick Reatta was the first car Buick advertised as a two-seater since the 1940 Buick model 46 ?

I have been boggled by these statements, what are the facts here?

As an aside, though not branded as a Buick, Buick dealers did sell the Opel GT back in the late '60s/early '70s. It was a pretty car. But landing in the middle of the American muscle car scene as it did, I suspect most buyers that wandered into a Buick dealership were more interested in the the Skylark GS.

The business coupes listed through 1940 were sold as 2 passenger. There were no seats in the back, but had space (much like a Reatta) where a traveling salesman could put some wares. Of course, back in the day, I'm pretty sure those were all bench seats...if you look at 1941 and '42, they are listed as 3 passenger.

Making it less comfortable would have been the business coupes from 1938 and earlier - they still had the stick shift on the floor. In 1939 the shifter moved to the column to give us "3 on the tree".

I'm pretty sure if you go to some of the early brass stuff, you will find two seater cars...I think the model 10 in early years could have the optional mother-in-law seat to make it a 3 passenger.

That all said, Wikipedia is an amalgamation put forth by contributors. I use it as a quick reference, but refuse to take it as Gospel truth. Anyone can join and contribute, although I believe there is a vetting process now for making changes / new entries.

It may simply be differences in wordsmithing, but that is the down side of playing with words...it may confuse or lead people to a conclusion that may not be the intent.