1908-1910 Mystery Auto

Guest JB 36 LaSalle

Guest JB 36 LaSalle

Hello again,

A friend bought this photo of an antique auto at Hershey last Fall. He, I and another friend have been driving ourselves crazy trying to figure out what it is. I know what it isn't after spending hours going through my books and looking on the Internet. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim

post-66189-143138463848_thumb.jpg

It looks like it could be an 11 Cadillac demi tonneau that some one added the running board jump seats. The hood, cowl and windshield look like it. The body looks like it. Hub caps look like Cadillac, but the fenders look close but not quite correct at the running board. The Radiator looks like 11 Cadillac but the radiator emblem doesn't belong there. What would be the clincher is the fact that the Cadillac chassis side rails dip down about 3" or 4" at the rear door but the seat is in the way and I can't see the frame. I would not rule out Cadillac with some modifications. ????

Guest JB 36 LaSalle

Thanks J. I considered the early Caddys but there are some subtle differences in the fenders I think. Back to the Internet, I guess.

I think Layden nailed it. The use of an extra seat located above the running board was not a common practice. I know Lozier used this on their toy tonneau, the Briarcliff model, and I have seen it used on a Locomobile. I never saw it used on any year Cadillac.

It is a very nice car and looks almost new in the photo.

Guest JB 36 LaSalle

Thanks Layden. The way the windshield is mounted and folded down gives the car a different look from the images I found on line, at least to me. Now I can go crazy worrying about other things. Thanks again, Jim