Hey all,

I am looking for a new antenna mast for my TC. We have a Chrysler dealership in the family. So, I asked them to check into it to see if I could get a replacement from Chrysler. The antenna no longer goes up and down, but I can hear the motor working fine. So, I'm assuming the teeth inside the mast have broken off from old age. The dealership said Chrysler no longer stocks these for the TC anymore. They do carry the LeBaron's, but they are not the same part number. Anyone know where I could get one relatively inexpensively? I want it to match the original in height and appearance at least, but I don't want to go to the expense of buying a whole new assembly as I only need the mast. Any suggestions?

Guest My TC Toy

Try this before you replace the mast. It could be the motor is rumming and the clutch is slipping because the mast is stuck.

Attach some tape around the bottom of the mast nut to form a little dam. Pour in a small amount of pen oil and let soak down the mast. Do this a couple of times. Now try the power mast.

I did this to mine when it would not work and now it works fine. A little dirt will easily cause the mast to jamb up.

Good luck, hope it works for you.

Bob

Guest jackmand

The power antenna assembly is/was originally sourced from GM, so you might want to check with one of your local GM stores, or a good custom sound shop for replacement assistance.