Cut-a-Way nailhead and dynaflow

Guest ponytl

Would like to know the history on this... I've had it in my warehouse for years I got it because it was the same engine/trans as in my 1959 electra 225 convt.

It's really well done just about every part is exposed somewhere in layers... everything chromed, polished and enameled (pre powdercoat) this is done for both the engine and trans (nailhead/dynaflow) it appears that everything is made to rotate powered by the generator that was rewound to be an electric motor.. has the chrome breather with the "wildcat445" on it... the only damage to it is the black plastic distributor cap is cracked and I do not have the described "generator" I was only told about it and that might not even be true... it has an alternator in it's place now... I assume this was put there as it was used for a time in a public school vo-tech program... and I also assume it was donated to the school at some point by Buick as they had some type regional office here in the 50's 60's... I would like to find some history on this I assume it was done by or for Buick

thanks in advance for any help

ponytl, this sounds like a fascinating item, and, like Barney, I'd love to see photos.

This sounds like something that was constructed for the auto show circuit or, depending upon the year in which it was made, it may also have been displayed at the 1959 or 1961 General Motors Motorama.

Since you have a 1959 Electra 225 convertible, you might wish to check out and join the forums at www.buick-59.com , which is dedicated to the 1959 Buicks.

Seems to me I saw that setup at the Detroit Metropolitan Airport as a kid. I was amazed! It may have been one of the first things about cars to inspire me to actually work on them. Years later at the airport, they displayed a reproduction Cord. I actually sent in for the order information packet for the Cord and still have it along with specs. Yes! Please post a photo of the engine/transmission setup so that I can relive my childhood memory again!

Would like to know the history on this... I've had it in my warehouse for years I got it because it was the same engine/trans as in my 1959 electra 225 convt.

It's really well done just about every part is exposed somewhere in layers... everything chromed, polished and enameled (pre powdercoat) this is done for both the engine and trans (nailhead/dynaflow) it appears that everything is made to rotate powered by the generator that was rewound to be an electric motor.. has the chrome breather with the "wildcat445" on it... the only damage to it is the black plastic distributor cap is cracked and I do not have the described "generator" I was only told about it and that might not even be true... it has an alternator in it's place now... I assume this was put there as it was used for a time in a public school vo-tech program... and I also assume it was donated to the school at some point by Buick as they had some type regional office here in the 50's 60's... I would like to find some history on this I assume it was done by or for Buick

thanks in advance for any help

Thanks for the replies... I did read something about it could have been in the autorama... It's up on a pallet rack wrapped in shrinkwrap.. but I'll make a point of getting it down and take'n a few pictures... I really need to move it across the street to my heated garage anyway... I've searched the internet and have found no mention of it anywhere.. It seems there are very few cut-a-way engines period thanks again