Star's Rivieras

Guest kootenai

Guest kootenai

We've seen the sites about Rivieras in the movies, well how about Rivieras owned by stars? Recently in the Riview magazine there was a story about a silver 1963 Riviera speeding thru the desert and being pulled over by the highway patrol. This was around the time when Frank Sinatra Jr. had been kidnapped, and they thought he might have been in this car, which was similar to Frank Sinatras.

Recently I acquired a 1963 Diplomat blue Riviera. This car has the white deluxe interior and is fully loaded with almost every option available, the no.'s also match. It was apparently purchased new in Las Vegas and later made it's way to British Columbia. Somewhere along the way the Super Wildcat package, rocker moldings and rally rims were added

There was also a story that came with this car,that it had been originally purchased by Dean Martin. I have tried to research this, all I came up with is that Frank and Dino were great friends and they both had a lot of awesome cars, including Chrysler Ghia's. Can anyone help me with any ideas on how to research the history of this car,such as dealer records or possibly Nevada registration records. P.S. These are the most beautiful post-war cars ever built. Thanks for your help.

Guest Kingoftheroad

I don't know about Dean Martin owning a Riv but Frank Sinatra's Riv is easy to find on the web.... Didn't know Leonard Nemoy owned one...

A title history can be researched at a local title search place, forgot if its a state or federal agency. I payed a small fee and they found everything except like the first 10 years, they claimed their records didn't go back that far anymore...

I have seen reference to Natalie Wood having a 1963 Riviera, but I don't have any pictures of it or of her with the car. The car itself is supposed to be up in the Volo Auto Museum, but I could not find a picture of it on their web page.

Guest Gee_Rydes

There was a photo in an older Riview of Russell Crowe giving Meg Ryan a 63 Riv as a gift. Wonder where that went after the breakup?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I don't remember the name of the TV show, but it starred Mark Harmon, as a detective, I believe and he drove a white 64. He was interviewed by car guy Jay Leno, and stated the car was originally his dad's, Tom Harmon.

When Jay described the car, he stated it was a 65 Riviera, and Mark did not correct him.

The next day I called NBC and left a voicemail for Jay, asking him to correct his statement recarding the car.

That night he did not mention it.

Dale