Early autos

Guest 49 Stude

Guest 49 Stude

I found this photo in a local history book I just purchased. The photo caption says the photo is c. 1910 and the cars are E-M-F's. However, as far as I know, all E-M-F's were RHC. The windshield bracing is going the wrong direction, the head lights appear to be electric and they have demountable rims. I've had a couple of people tell me they are definitely not E-M-F's. Can anybody identify them? :confused:

12-26-10.jpg

I agree, they are not EMF's. The last EMF was built in 1912. These cars are 1913 or 1914 judging by the flat firewall with inset lights and electric headlights. Because of the era, they could have been RHD or LHD. Even with this info, I am not sure what kind of cars they are.

Chris

• 13 years later...
On 12/29/2010 at 1:05 AM, Guest 49 Stude said:

I found this photo in a local history book I just purchased. The photo caption says the photo is c. 1910 and the cars are E-M-F's. However, as far as I know, all E-M-F's were RHC. The windshield bracing is going the wrong direction, the head lights appear to be electric and they have demountable rims. I've had a couple of people tell me they are definitely not E-M-F's. Can anybody identify them? 😕

12-26-10.jpg

1913 - 1914 Glide (Model 36-42) Touring

Manufacturer : 1903 - 1920 The Bartholomew Co. - Peoria, Illinois.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

1913-Old-Magazine-Print-Ad-Bartholomew-36-42-Glide.jpg

• Like 3