Niles Thomas will be missed

keiser31

A very good friend of mine, Niles Thomas, long time member of the Dodge Brothers Club and the State Of Jefferson Antique Car Club passed away on Thursday, December 2nd. He and his very funny stories will be sorely missed. Here he is with his wife Irene during happier days...

post-37352-143138370749_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Sorry, I had the date wrong. It has been corrected.

Niles Arthur Thomas, 91, of Jacksonville, Ore., passed away on Thursday, December 2, 2010. He was born on December 9, 1918, to proud parents Sydney A. and Laura (Whitehead) Thomas, in Lewiston, Neb.

Niles enjoyed his antique car, a 1928 Dodge Brothers Roadster, and was a member of the Rogue Valley Old Timers Car Club. He worked as a millwright.

Niles is survived by his loving wife, Irene V. Thomas, of Jacksonville, Ore.; sons, Arthur Lee Thomas and Darrel W. Thomas, both of Eugene, Ore., Robert D. (Jody) Thomas, of Atlanta, Ga. and Terry A. (Susan) Thomas, of Medford, Ore.; daughter, Linda (Jon) Dahlberg, of Kalispell, Mont.; sister, Vera (Kim) Walsh, of Washington; eight grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by granddaughters, Brianna Lee Thomas and Debbie Doyle; and two sisters, Wilma Smith and Lois Fettig.

* Joan Rae Donato - 12/9/2010

* Doris Eleanor Morris - 12/9/2010

* Billy Ray King - 12/9/2010

* Larry Eugene Lowe - 12/9/2010

* Rowdy David Hairston - 12/9/2010

Search by Name:

* Browse Recent Obituaries

* Search nationwide for obituaries and guest books on Legacy.com

A memorial service will be held on Thursday, December 9, 2010, at 2:00 p.m., at the Memory Gardens Chapel. Memorial contributions may be donated to ACCESS. Arrangements by Memory Gardens Memorial Park and Mortuary,

Found this just now....Niles' 1928 DB Victory Six roadster and my 1931 DB business coupe (before the correct bumpers and hubcaps added). HA! I just noticed that this was taken when my car had a wood spoked wheel on the rear.

post-37352-143138377747_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

34Dodger wrote: "We first met Niles and Irene in '86 at the 2nd DB meet in Reno."

I met him at the national DB meet in Reno in June of 1988. His car was really nice, and I remember that he also had a nice enclosed hauler truck for his DB.

Was the DB national meet held in Reno in both 1986 and 1988, or did 34Dodger perhaps intend to refer to the 1988 meet?

34Dodger wrote: "We first met Niles and Irene in '86 at the 2nd DB meet in Reno."

I met him at the national DB meet in Reno in June of 1988. His car was really nice, and I remember that he also had a nice enclosed hauler truck for his DB.

Was the DB national meet held in Reno in both 1986 and 1988, or did 34Dodger perhaps intend to refer to the 1988 meet?

You're correct, it was in '88, Thanks!