26 buick floor plan

Guest Bluedog

You are going to need a copy of the Fisher Body Manual for your car:

Buick Body Manual 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 - eBay (item 400171207458 end time Dec-07-10 20:38:16 PST)

This will probably be the only reference manual available and should give you a rough idea of what is needed. Unfortunately there are no plans for the wood in your Buick available, nor is there anyone reproducing the wood itself. Your best bet will be to gather as many photos of 26 Buicks in various stages of restoration as possible and combine what you see in the photos with the information in the Fisher Body Manual and go from there. You will need access to a full complement of woodworking tools, and the skill to use them. Make patterns/templates and be prepared to do a lot of trial fitting. There is not a lot of room for error in these wood members, as one piece must complement and be joined to the next. I just replaced about 40% of the wood in my 1930 and even though I am considered to be an expert woodworker, it was still a considerable challenge.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Guest Roger_Roy

there was a local guy who had patterns for '26 but he retired years ago and i dont know who bought his patterns, cost to have it done by a coachbuilder is considerable.... probably doesnt help you but if you contact US coachbuilders you may find someone who did one and kept the pattern.

Bluedog, are you just needing floor boards? They are usually easy to make. I made them from pine for my 23 using the what I had left for patterns. I can easily pull them and take pics for you. I basically cut the length and then used a router to cut out the appropriate holes and indents to clear the frame bolts.

I know of a guy making the wood for the doors, etc if you need that also. Only issue is that you have to get the car or pieces of it to him. But he does great work based on the pics I have seen. Here is some of his work. I do not know him personally, but talked to him and gave him wood dimensions from my 28 for a car he was doing. He sent me some pics of his work on that car. Here they are. If interested in contacting send me your email address to unimogjohn@aol.com

post-48480-143138361835_thumb.jpg

post-48480-143138361842_thumb.jpg

post-48480-143138361849_thumb.jpg

post-48480-143138361855_thumb.jpg

I have the front floor boards out of my 27 Buick Woodie which was a 27 Buick Model 27 (Standrad 4-door sedan) I also have a 26 Model 27. I'm going to make new floor boards for the front of the 27 and can make your some patterns or send you my old boards. These are just the removable floor boards in front. e-mail ssmith105@maine.rr.com.

Good Luck

Steve

Hey Bluedog what Model is your Buick. Im doing a frame up restor on a 25 Model 40 Master . All wood needs replaced but good for patterns and metal floor pans are good patterns. A lot of wood in this car. :eek: Dont know if there close enough,maby someone out there will know. Barry

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I just joined the club so I'm new and not sure whether this the correct way to put my question about a floorplan for a 1919 H-44 Buick. I bought this car in parts from Cal. a year ago. The chassis engine and body are ready now. But the wood parts are incomplete and wrong at various places. Are there any plans? Is the wooden structure identical tot earlier/later twoseaters? Do you know anyone who has this type of car?

Sorry for intervening your discussions but I need an entrance to a network that can help me here far away in the Netherlands.

Thaks Peter