Buick Bugle

Booreatta

Thinking back to last spring when a lot of people were predicting the demise of the BCA as we know due to the fact that there was only a short list of new members, take a look at the Bugle for the month of November 2010. Over 100 new members with New York and California leading the way. It is good to see the start of a comeback

There are several new members that are owners of Reattas and even a handful of people who dont even list a car that they own.

Things are looking up

Chuck

Guest mounthopewalt

I've read reports that there are more Buicks sold in China than in the US by a ratio of 2:1. GM is a big status symbol in Asia.

John Thomson, who was a big part of the Reatta project in Flint, is now over there heading up that part of the GM division. He said the Buick LaCrosse is the hot seller in China. Talked to him last Christmas. I asked him if he took any of the Pewter models with him :)

John Thomson, who was a big part of the Reatta project in Flint, is now over there heading up that part of the GM division. He said the Buick LaCrosse is the hot seller in China. Talked to him last Christmas. I asked him if he took any of the Pewter models with him :)

Bob maybe we all need to sell our pewter models to China and just sit back and retire. China is indeed growing and we need a bigger piece of the pie back in good ol USA

Chuck

Guys,

From my own experience, approx 10--12 years ago, my now-daughter-in-law had an opportunity to study a semester in China, and noticed billboards and teens wearing BUICK sneakers! She looked and could not find any shoes, wanting to bring a pair back for me. Her buddy stayed another semester and she forbade he come home without Buick shoes. He did find a pair, too small to wear, but looking the quality of good Nikes. Shortly after that, I saw the CBS news article of Buick's entry into the Chinese car market, and saw the marketing genius of putting the name solidly into the teen arena, and when they were of purchasing age, to feel comfortable with the Buick name and quality level they knew from their shoes. Now if only that genius would create a two-door, youth energied Buick