November Bugle

g-g-g0

Just recieved my copy today and have already read it cover to cover. I enjoyed the articles and history of '42 Buicks. BUT, the best article of all (in my opinion) was the two articles written by Tom Rzonca and his daughters Dawn and Felicia. It was a great story about FAMILY and BUICKS! Congratulations to Tom on his "GOLD" award!

agree on the 2 articles, good to see human interest stories,

the article on the black out Buick was also interesting, due to not many folks even think about the war years anymore, not a good time in the country and also the list of new members, over 100 new. Club must be growing again, good news indeed

Chuck

New member list seemed strong this month. 1942 is a favorite year of mine and I came close to buying that black out car. The seller had it on this forum and offered it to me.

I came close to one other 42 Roadmaster Sedanette 12 years ago in South Dakota, same general condition. It was for sale for $1200, lost track of it.

Really you can't go wrong with Buick styling in those years and GM had the money to freshen them annually.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BCAOffice

To give credit where credit is due.......the "other guy" that Tom mentioned that helped him get his '33 over to the show field was BCA Chief Judge Alan Oldfield! If Alan had not agreed to hook up his trailer and drive from the show area back to the hotel, Tom's car would have remained at the hotel and we all would have not had the chance to see that beautiful car. Alan had plenty to do at the show, but in true BCA "family" spirit, came to the rescue!

Mike Book, BCA # 9202

BCA Office Administrator

Mine arrived last Friday (I was mildly surprised considering we are currently having some labour strife with Canada Post in Winnipeg). I really enjoyed the daughters' article.

The beauty of the people in the club is that had Alan not stepped up, I'm sure there are a number of others who, given the request, would have helped out.