1932 Chrysler Six

Guest Mark Lansink

Guest Mark Lansink

Hi all,

I'm new here, my name is Mark and i'm from the Netherlands.

I stumbled upon this place when i was looking for more info on the 1932 Chrysler Six that my dad owns.

My dad wants to sell his collection of cars and we have no idea what the Chrysler is worth.

The car is in good condition and everything except the free wheeling works properly.

Reason for me asking here is we dont want to sell the car over/underpriced

We just want to sell it for what it's worth.

In the next couple of days i can provide some photos if you like.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Or spend $4.98 at the magazine store and get your own Price Guide.
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

There aren't many "magazine stores" in Holland that carry American price guides, but if you post pictures and give us more detailed information on the Chrysler, I'm sure we can help you out.

Welcome to the Forum, and I, for one, look forward to finding out more about your Father's collection.

TG

Hi all,

I'm new here, my name is Mark and i'm from the Netherlands.

I stumbled upon this place when i was looking for more info on the 1932 Chrysler Six that my dad owns.

My dad wants to sell his collection of cars and we have no idea what the Chrysler is worth.

The car is in good condition and everything except the free wheeling works properly.

Reason for me asking here is we dont want to sell the car over/underpriced

We just want to sell it for what it's worth.

In the next couple of days i can provide some photos if you like.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

I would like to see photos of the 1932 Chrysler.

Please send them to: keiser31@charter.net

Thanks, John

Guest Mark Lansink

Thanks for the replies everyone,

The Chrysler was restored in America ca. 1980

I have inspected the Chrysler and there are a few things that need to be done.

There's rust in the left rear wheel arch in the car's body work, just one spot but the rust goes through.

The radiatior is partially glogged and the original radiator cap is missing, and was replaced by something that looks similar (well to me it doesnt look similar but ok)

The right front door doesnt fit properly as can be seen in the pictures i will post, to be honest i dont think it can be made to fit properly with a few adjustments, this will require some work.

The headlights were modified to make the car roadlegal here in Holland, my dad still has the original headlight glasses.

A few modifications have been made on the engine the exhaust manifold is selfbuilt the original was cracked and beyond repair, the vacuum of the automatic clutch (free wheeling) is disconnected, and the main brake cilinder needs to be replaced.

Other than the things listed above this is a solid car and was actually quite well restored back then, no funny welds or plates to be found on the bottom side or anywhere else for that matter.

Chassis and suspension are also in very good condition.

The underside of the car is painted like the original was, no modern "protective" coatings were used.

Here are some pictures

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

Here's the serial number, just in case anyone can use it to find out more about car

DSCF0033.jpg

This is for the people interested in the other cars:

1959 Cadillac sedan de ville with the original trunk upholstery!

DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

1974 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow LWB (not my favorite car it's too modest for a Rolls)

DSCF0022.jpg

Bentley S3 1963 LWB!!! (my personal favorite, unlike the shorter version this car looks good from every angle)

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

Backseat upholstery is not leather like the frontseats but fabric called west of england.

To our knowledge this car is the only one of 32 built without a separation window between the driver and the backseat.

All, thanks for the help and for watching

Mark