1936 Buick town car

Pete Phillips

I just received a brochure in the mail for an antique car auction in St. Louis, Missouri on Oct. 15-16. Auction site is 13813 St. Charles Rock Rd. Among the cars being auctioned is a 1936 Buick Town Car with a Brewster body, according to the brochure. It looks exactly like the one on the BCA's web site front page, and how many of those can there be? MotoeXotica.com Classic Car Sales for more info. Not my car, but I thought I would spread the word--it is a rare and desirable Buick!

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, TX

.... 1936 Buick Town Car with a Brewster body, according to the brochure. It looks exactly like the one on the BCA's web site front page...

The 1936 Buick Town Car with a Brewster body as on the BCA's web site front page was listed in July 2006 on The Vault Classic Cars  542 W That web site had 39 images of it at the time

Pete,

I can't find it on the site but it must be the one on the 1936 Roadmaster chassis that has been for sale for $81K for a while now. It was at the Auburn Fall auction where I was the second highest bidder at $41K. The high bid was $42K. Quite a difference from the asking price so needless to say it didn't sell. Now it's getting another turn. This car was on the west coast and belonged to a early Buick club member who sold it to somebody who flipped it and it's been trying to find a home ever since but the price keeps going up being inflated by not what the market will bear but by a false sense of value. The market price was the $42K. For another bid it would have found a nice home in my heated garage by somebody who would appreciate it for what it is and not just to flip it again for a buck. I will be watching to see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

bubba