Whats that mean?

Guest Craig57

Recently found out what a ALDL is.{Assembly line data link} Since owning my Reatta I've learned about CRT's and MAF's and quite a few others.Does a glossary exist for this kind of stuff?

Guest steveskyhawk

Yes. In the Field Service Manual. (FSM) That being said I have found that this manual is a little difficult to navigate but it has a wealth of information. On some topics it tells you nothing. In regards to the CRT there is a fault tree that tells you to replace it. Bear in mind this book was written when parts were readily available.

Yes but since in 2004 we received permission to put the FSMs (and the parts manual and the diagnostic brief and a few other things) on line there is no excuse for not having a copy. (Still no 88 but 89 is good for most things).

This makes it much easier to just point to a page or chart and start from there. The manuals are really very very good and most misteaks are known.

Let's make a list here in this thread of the acronyms and abbreviations used here on the forum such as MAF. I will post the list on ReattaOwner.com for future reference.

ALDL: Assembly line data link

MAF: Mass Air Flow Sensor

CPS: Central Power Supply

CSPS: Crank Shaft Position Sensor ?

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

Guest Mc_Reatta

Go to 90 FSM pages 8D-1 and 2 for the official list. There is another list that helps with identification of body parts on 8A-2-5.

What we need here is a list of Padgett's acronym list.:confused:

Most of us have figured out FLAPS and OTOH, but I'm still wondering about MBATR I just read a few minutes ago. LOL

Go to 90 FSM pages 8D-1 and 2 for the official list. There is another list that helps with identification of body parts on 8A-2-5.
Well, I guess there is no interest in making a list here. If no one has time to add to a list, I don't have time to look in the FSM and type it all in by hand.:eek: Another good idea dead in the water.:)

Guest 88reattacoupe

Ronnie Don't give up so quick!! Your idea is great. I would find it very handy to look on your site, for the list. Unless it became as difficult as the FSM. BTW. I didn't understand that we were to contribute to it. Was it the word " let's".

Guest 88reattacoupe

List SfI -- sequential fuel injection . ISC -- IDLE SPEED CONTROL. EGR -- electronic fuel injection. Conv. -- converter. IP -- instument control panel. IPC -- instrument panel cluster. IGG -- I gotta go.