Jordan Club?

Guest Carmad08

Guest Carmad08

Is there an association for Jordan owners/enthusaists? Or possibly for orphan automobiles built in the Cleveland OH area?

Thanks for any information!

Robert

There were about 100 different manufacters of automobiles in Cleveland over the years and some were great cars. The problem is that there is not enough of most of these makes to have a club or news letter for. Winton, White, Peerless and Jordan were the most popular. When Winton and Peerless had their 100th anniversery meet in Cleveland only about 12 of each showed up.

It would be nice to have a club of Cleveland built cars and have a meet in Cleveland for them.

Would there be any interest in this?

Guest Templar Recruiter

What a great idea of having only Cleveland Cars getting together!

What about a Cleveland Car Only - Car Show at one of the old Factories?

I am putting together a display of Templar Motors Cars in Lakewood, OH.

(Westside of Clevleand) at the original Templar Factory Bldg. (now call

Templar Industrial Park) and would be most interested in Hosting an Event. There is a Park right across the street from the Factory Bldg. and plenty of parking. The Templar Factory is less than (1)mile from the Winton Car

Factory, less than (2)miles from Baker/Owens Magnetic/Rubay Factory Bldg,

and less than (1)mile from the Frame Mfg. - Parrish Bingham (Midland Steel), and the remains of The Lang Body Co. ( from the old Raush & Lang Electric-W25th) which is located on West 110th. I will look forward to anyone's comments and or calls (216-392-3000 cell). Thank you for the nice thought about Cleveland Cars!

I am a member of the Jordan Club (Register). We have a quarterly newsletter and get together as a group at Hershey on the field on Saturday by one of the Jordans. The address listed above is correct and dues are $ 20.00 per year. There is also an excellent book on the history of the Jordan automobile that was written by Jim Lackey. It is available through almost any automotive bookseller.

I am a member of the Jordan Club (Register). We have a quarterly newsletter and get together as a group at Hershey on the field on Saturday by one of the Jordans. The address listed above is correct and dues are $ 20.00 per year. There is also an excellent book on the history of the Jordan automobile that was written by Jim Lackey. It is available through almost any automotive bookseller.

Here is Jim Lackey's mailing address and phone number. He is a member of the Huntington Region in W. Va. right down the road from us. I believe I remember that he has a Jordan Playboy. I don't remember what year it is.

James H. (Jim) Lackey

110 Deer Run Road

Huntington, W. Va. 25704

(304)429-1180

For what its worth, there are two 1926 Jordan sedans in Monmouth County, NJ, about four miles from each other. One is owned by Jess Jordan (no relationship to Ned Jordan) who's owned his for 40+ years. Up till recently Jess drove his to the Hershey show each fall. Jess is now 92 and is only driving his Jordan occasionally. The second is an AACA senior owned by Jules Baron. Jules is easy to spot at Hershey: Goofy Hat and baby carriage cart called a Jerk-Mobile.

.....The second is an AACA senior owned by Jules Baron. Jules is easy to spot at Hershey: Goofy Hat and baby carriage cart called a Jerk-Mobile.

So that's who that is. Have seen him and his Jerk-Mobile for MANY years. Usually a new "option" added ever year. Just glad we don't have to judge that. :rolleyes::D

There's a nice Jordan Playboy over in nearby Lancaster County. When My niece went to visit her grandparents on the day of her senior prom with her date, the owner gave her the experience of her young life. As they were outside posing for pictures the gentleman came over, and on surveying the situation, offered to drive them to the prom in his car. They didn't know what it was, but her grandfather assured them it would be fine so they accepted. To their surprise he picked them up attired in a period correct chauffeur's "duster" coat and cap and the beautiful vehicle. They were the hit of the prom when they arrived thusly. I never learned the man's name or thanked him but I watch for that Playboy at local shows in hopes of being able to do so!!!

• Like 1

The western Reserve, Crawford Museum, wanted me to put together a Cleveland built car meet. I told them I would sure help with it but I live 400 miles away and I don't know the territory. We would need someone from the City, County, museum, and local car clubs to help set it up. I think it could be a great car meet. I would be glad to be on the committee or head it up if I can get the proper support.

Any suggestions??

Cleveland built cars: Winton, Stearns, Stearns-Knight, Gaeth,Stuyvant,Washburn, Marr, Owen, Phoenix,Rogers & Hanford,Pennington, White, Peerless, Hoffman, Royal Tourist, Cleveland, People's, Buckeye, Croxton, General, American Gas, OttoKar, Berg, Euclid, Star, Krastin, Durabile, Noble, Russell, Rogers & Thacher, Kirk-Latty, McIntosh, Brew-Hatcher, Monarch, Palmer, Derain, Woodland, Gabriel,Chandler, Ford, Jordan, Templar, Downing, Fedelia, Falcon, Snyder, RiChard, LaMarne, Harding Twelve, Grant, Hal Twelve, Disbrow, Abbott, Ferris, Kurtz, Rollin, Hupmobile, Merit, Marsh, Globe Four, Leon Rubay, Pomeroy, Cameron, Baker, Rauch & Lang, Eastman Electric, Strong & Rogers, Demars, Blakeslee, Williams Gasoline, Electric, Byrider, Parsons and Broc.

A meet with cars like this in Cleveland would sure draw attention to what Cleveland was in the manufacture of automobiles.

Your thoughts???? RHL

Guest Carmad08

Thanks for all the replys to my query. The Jordan was a great car that deserves to be remembered for more than just good advertising copy.

It sure would be great to have a Cleveland only car show. There were some great cars that came from the area, and one of the great independants (Packard) owes it's start to Mr. Winton. I bet a show like that would bring out a few suprise entrants. What would it take to organize such a meet?

Robert

Old Cars Weekly lists a Jordan Register --2099 Pheasant Drive, Yuba City, Ca. 95993. Contact listed is an Al Wortledge 530-673-7382.

A few months ago there was a set of pictures posted on this forum of a car in a shed in poor condition. After lively debate it was identified as a Jordan. I wonder if that lead was pursued?