Door Ajar Switch

Guest re-reatta

Guest re-reatta

Just a heads up. RockAuto has a few of these switches left and they are clearing them out for under $4.00 each, and their shipping is VERY reasonable. I'm not sure which one of mine is bad, so I got one of each.

Kevin

Guest Mc_Reatta

Those are the door jamb switches. Door ajar switches are different.

Spraying intermittent switch with some contact cleaner will probably fix your problem. Passenger side doesn't get exercised as much as the drivers side does and gives dirt and corrosion a chance to build up.

Guest re-reatta

Mc_Reatta,

I ordered part #'s DS343 and DS361. On the pictures of the parts there are tags on the wires with the following #'s, 16601912 and 16601913. The parts are described as door jamb switches, but when you click on the part, it is clearly marked door AJAR switch. The picture also looks like other door ajar switches I have seen. If I'm wrong, I apoligize, and I guess I'll still have my "Door Ajar" light on.

Have a great day,

Kevin

Guest Mc_Reatta

Mistake was Rock Auto's, they are ajar switches not the jamb switch as they called them. Good luck, installation doesn't look like there's much room to work. Need small hands.

Guest re-reatta

I received both switches today. Total, including shipping was a little over $10.00 One was in a "Standard" parts box and the other was in a "Carquest" box. I believe they bought out someone's inventory and want to move the stuff. Very quick shipping as well. Rock on, "Rockauto".

Guest re-reatta

Mc_Reatta,

I'm recovering from back surgery, so it may be awhile until I'll be crawling around on the garage floor. I'll also be installing new window motors at the same time. I'll post when I finish the job and let you know how it goes.

• 3 months later...
Guest whytshdo

Door ajar switch, Door jam switch, Doorman, Jim Morrison and the Doors; I am so confused.

I too am receiving the "Door Ajar" message from the dash display.

So is it the switch inside the door or the switch in the rocker panel that controls this.

I thought I saw in another post it was inside the door; But I was power reading posts that day.

Thanks for the help as always

Yes, it's in the door. PITA.

Other than the annoying warning on the dash, it affects the RAP. With the warning lit, your radio will go off when you turn off the ignition.

If you get in the door and short the two wires together to eliminate the warning, the radio will continue to play after you open the door til the timer runs out (10 min.?).

The former is better than the later.

Guest ReattaFan1

I was having problems with the door jam switches. I was able to take them apart and clean them up and now they work great. But I need the rubber boot covers to keep the dirt and moisture out.