upholstery for 35 Chevy standard sedan

Guest martylum

Guest martylum

Hi-I'm going to have a 35 Chevy interior reupholstered and the interior is covered in what I think is an original material- a butterscotch pudding colored cotton corduroy cloth.

Has anyone found a source for this color corduroy upholstery material?

Hampton Coach has a few curduroy offerings but none in this color. I've included 2 photos of the interior upholstery.

Thanks

Martin Lum

post-54166-143138274321_thumb.jpg

post-54166-143138274324_thumb.jpg

Guest martylum

I have a box of all Bill Hirsch's samples. he has no corduroy fabric. HCoach has some corduroy cloth but none in the butterscotch color. The closest is a light tan.

I guess the color was not frequently used in the period for GM cars. To make matters a bit more complicated-the corduroy wales are curvy rather than straight. I'm pretty sure were not going to hitch up with any of that unless we can get into a time machine.

Martin Lum

Check on the bottom of the seat cushion and it will give you the correct color. I have not seen any as you describe in the cars I have done I have upholstered cars since 1955 and we use to get in original interiors and you can't believe how time will change colors. Leroy Ft Myers ,Fl.

Guest martylum

Leroy-I did take my sample piece from the bottom inside of the front seat. There is very little color change on the Show surfaces.

Martin Lum

I agree with JFRANKLIN, are you sure you don't have a mohair interior.

The fabric and color look exacty like the original mohair interior still in my 1933 Chevrolet Master.

I have not taken the leap to redoing mine yet. I was thinking of only redoing the seat cushion which is torn and currently has a cover on it, if I could find something close.

I agree that you can not find an exact color match. The best match I could find was a Ford mohair color from Hampton Coach, but it has a bit more brown in it.

The Hampton Coach colors they say are for Chevrolets are not even close. Way to Tan or way to Gray.

Visit my website at: Bob's Vintage Cars

Vila

AACA, VCCA, TRA, VTR, and CPTC.

1933 Chevrolet

1984 BMW 633 CSi

1962 Triumph TR4

Guest martylum

Vila-the fabric has wales and a wavy pattern rather than a straight wale. It doesn't appear to be wool. Hampton does not carry it as an available material for 1935 but does have some tan cotton corduroy for earlier models prior to 35.

Does anyone know a good source for 35 Chevy runningboard rubbers?

Thanks

Marty Lum

• 4 weeks later...