Got our new truck

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

When we got home from NJ this week we got our new truck and moved in. I took a couple pictures of the inside so those of you that have never seen the inside of a new truck can see some of the features. Yes those are windows in the side of the sleeper part of the cab and the big white unit on the rear wall over the table is a heating air conditioner unit that runs on batteries for up to 10 hours so you don't have to run the truck when you are resting. There is an upper bunk so you can leave the dinette set up all the time also. We installed a microwave, and small 12 volt refrigerator so we can eat homemade meals on the road. It cost too much to eat all the time in truck stops so we try to keep it to one meal a week in a cafe. All we need is a bathroom and we are set.

post-30993-143138272113_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138272115_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138272117_thumb.jpg

Guest sintid58

No portholes, the man I drive for didn't seem to have much of a sense of humor about putting them on either. That is his right I guess he just bought 30 new trucks at an average price of around $125,000 each. That Brockway brings back memories of when I first started driving, you used to see them around. The first truck I ever drove and called my own was a brand new 1978 Frieghtliner cabover. When you are 21 laying down and getting dressed was fine, now I am spoiled by finer things in life, like being able to close the curtains around the front of the cab and using it like a small apartment. Progress can be good.

Guest sintid58

Honestly I have been doing this 32 years and have never really heard a name for it. I know it started when most highways were 2 lanes and there were no CB radios as a way to show another driver he was clear to pull in. Of course in those days and in the days when I started to drive if someone was passing you on a 2 lane road you also slowed down so they could get around you easier. That doesn't happen very often any more, usually the oposite. Today it is just a courtesy some drivers give to others not really needed on interstates. We also used to flash trucks we were meeting to show there were bears in the area and give them sideways v signs with our hands for the same things.

Bears? I take it that would be da law

By the way, nice rig!!! Has Mama got the clutchin down pat in this one yet.

BTW consider the little gift in Ames as a "truck warming gift". Also, I consider meeting you and your wife and the time we were able to chat at the hotel as one of the best parts of the show for me.

Ya'll take care on the road now ya hea.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Guest sintid58

Da law smokey bear chicken coops, bubble gum machines, we got em all. I spend most of the time with my CB shut off so probably am not up too date on any new ones.