Sat in a new Regal this morning

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

I took my brake lines to a shop this morning and stopped by the Buick Dealer and they had at least 3 new Regals on the lot. One was open so I looked it over and took a few pictures. The pictures were taken with my phone and a strap on the cover got in the way and the pictures aren't really great but I am going to post them anyway. They are definately smaller than the La Crosse and I took a picture of 2 of them side by side. Sitting in the front seat they are very comfortable and wrap around you making you feel secured in, lots of room for me in front and even the back is not too bad with the seat set for me but if you are tall and have the seat slid all the way back it would be tight. One thing I noticed was that going from the front to the rear seat is that the rear seemed pretty hard.

post-30993-143138259256_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138259258_thumb.jpg

post-30993-14313825926_thumb.jpg

The Regals do look great. I just wish the new GM would step up with a sport model. A two door wagon with a 5 speed would get my $$$.

In a year or two we should be able to by a "rear end wreck" and build one JD... :D Dandy Dave!

There was one on display as well as a LaCrosse and Enclave in Ames. I didn't compare equipment, but the Regal and LaCrosse models there were rated for the same fuel economy and the Regal CXL was more expensive than the LaCrosse. If that is what it comes to, I would likely choose the larger car for more interior space.

Again, this is not necessarily apples to apples, but is based on the window stickers on the particular cars that were there.

While reading about the new Buicks, I went back and checked a few things.

The new LaCrosse weighs more than a Lucerne. The new Regal weighs more than the 2009 LaCrosse yet has a 3" shorter wheelbase and is 8" shorter OA Can you imagine what they would weigh if all the plastic was replaced with steel or die castings. It also looks like Buick will drop the Lucerne probably because it has crept into Cadillac terratory.

It will be interesting to see how the GM divisions manage their models in the future. It appears that the front office will have more to say about model overlap etc.

Guest British Buick

Hi, I'm located in the UK. I thought I recognised the shape of the car and did a little checking. Effectively, it is a badge-engineered Vauxhall/Opel Insignia, a car that replaced the Vectra in Europe a couple of years back. It's done very well here and is a great improvement over its predecessor. They are good value, especially after a year or so and fast, comfortable and reliable cars. It's interesting to see that Buick has marketed a similar version for the US market. You'll undoubtedly get slightly different options to suit your typical driving conditions, but it's essentially the same as it's European sibling. Hope this is of interest.