1925 Buick Model 45 open touring, 9K original miles

bubba

1925 Buick Model 45 5 pass open touring car with just over 9, 000 miles on it. Car has original paint with pinstripes, interior and top. The chrome is newer. Car is solid and has no rot or wood problems. Has all the side curtains hardly used under the seat. Underneath looks real clean with original muffler still working. Even has original paint and pinstripes on the wood wheels.

The front drivers headlight front rim was hit but I have another to replace it.

This is the round rim that comes off. The bucket is fine.

Price is $42,000 and I am on Long Island . bimorph (at) yahoo.com

post-30973-143138252061_thumb.jpg

post-30973-143138252064_thumb.jpg

post-30973-143138252066_thumb.jpg

post-30973-143138252069_thumb.jpg

Edited by bubba (see edit history)

wow.

This car should be in Ames. Amazing Bubba. Hey, I have a question.

I had looked at a cool older 20's Buick on prewarcars.com that had a different color to the "bonnet" then the body. It looked pretty neat. It appears yours is similar. Obviously your car is a time capsule but is that normal or was that an option only?

The paint on the car is original. In 1925 Buick started using Duco lacquer but cars built in the beginning of the year were still the same as 1924. These cars were all black while the later 1925 cars were blue with black fenders. The pre-lacquer cars were japanned or hand painted with a brush, then rubbed out and varnished. This was on the car body only which was made in a different part of the factory. The chassis which included the hood, fenders, side aprons were painted in black enamel and today it still shines nice and black. The varnish on the body has been rubbed off because it was all cracked from age. You can see a spot in the lower rear where it was left to show it. The japanned paint faded to a nice gray patina but will become black if rubbed. The car still retains the double ivory stripe going around the body. There were no choice of colors for this and all Buick models in 1925. Each model came in one color and that was that.

Hope that answered your question.

• 3 weeks later...