WTB - 93 High Brake Light Socket

Jim65Riv

Jim,

The socket part# you show is not to be found on any of the GM or after market parts web sites. BUT, you can use a socket from a cornering lamp...its the same one and uses the same bulb (#1156). Rockauto has the socket, part #12027133. Hope this helps.

Good thing Daves89 is around as there are absolutely no yards with 86-93 or 95-99 Rivs for parts in MA. In fact, when my radio bit the dust recently I had to order one from a yard in PA.

Thanks Jim65Riv. Got your email and responded.

Presently in the u pick yard I use the most there are the following amount of Rivs.

aprox 5 each 79-84

aprox 8 each 89-93

aprox 5 each 95-99

There are 2 other yards less then 20 miles away with about 10 more of mixed amounts of 79-99 Rivs.

Keep in mind if you are looking for exterior body parts that this is Wisconsin and what won't be good on your car will most likely not be good on these cars either.

But having said that there are some nice interior parts to be had.

Thanks, Dave. Except for a rust-free fuel door in sapphire blue, I don't have any exterior needs. My car was originally in Viroqua in sunny, tropical southwestern Wisconsin for three years and then in the sub-tropical Twin Cities since 1996. It has 106,000 miles and I only need a couple of interior items, such as the little plastic knobs for the panel lights and twilight sentinel knobs, and the power door lock switch for the passenger side. The locks work with the remote and the driver's side switch, but the passenger door switch doesn't work. The check is in the mail.

I went out today and got your light socket.

I hope you don't hold against me that I also got the little knobs as well as a rust free ivory white fuel door you were talking about.

I didn't grab the passenger door switch.

Same price...

Hi, Dave. The package just arrived. I have the brake light installed and it is working! I also have the light switch knobs installed and they didn't fall off. The fuel door is excellent. Thanks you so much. Your efforts are very much appreciated!:D

You are welcome.

As I was walking around out there I saw that 3 of the Rivs were missing fuel doors. It must be a common problem.

The one that I did find, which is the one you got, has no rust [i look at the seams]. All you need to do is scuff sand, prime, paint and install. Before you take your fuel door off, take a picture of the spring position so you know how they go back on...

• 4 weeks later...

One of the u pick yards I go to is closing. The owners are retiring. They only stayed open because they felt loyalty to the one employee they had left. Well he hurt himself and is unable to work, so they are shutting it down.

There goes 3 79 - 84 Rivs, 2 baby Rivs.

The big yard I go to has been on a realignment kick as they bought more property. Part of the realignment is crushing cars that have been "picked" over. Only 3 79-84 left there. There are still about 5 baby Rivs.

I am saying this as I have tried to help, but it is getting to look bad for the 79-84 Riv owners.