So close

Tom_Overfield

Well, ALMOST,

I am headed to New Philidelphia this morning to drop off some misc parts and brackets for the 41 LC. I will also try and help the shop as much as I can getting the front seat in and some minor issues resolved. It sure looks like I will have it back in a few more days. Then the fun starts with putting the engine and trannie in and to finish the wiring. Sounds like a good winter project to me.

Tom

post-55048-143138243024_thumb.jpg

post-55048-143138243036_thumb.jpg

Guest Jim Zephyr

Nice front seat Tom! wondering if that is the same as 1940? I need a set of "drivers" that I can use

so that I dont tear up my original seats - have postwar continental seats but, I think Jan said they are not the same - wonder if I can make them work? Let me know if you need any help with engine installation. I suppose your schedule for car completion is a practical one but I keep thinking about that guy in Ocee Ritch - Ben Hockberg? who painted and assembled his 40 in a few short weeks before Hershey where he garnered awards...how many hours I spent dreaming inside that book - anyway it can be done!

Guest Jim Zephyr

Hey Bwatoe when I get time I will send you a pic of my top down and top boot installed - all very proper and top dollar

Zephyrus-Hermes lives!!

Guest Jim Zephyr

didnt think about the other details Phil - did notice that the models have 40 bumpers and guards tho. how diff are 40 seats from 41? wonder how I might get something to work so that I can preserve my originals. I need to email you - still looking for info on Columbia two-speed authenticity e.g. does the controls bracket get painted black?

Edited by Jim Zephyr (see edit history)

OK OK,,,so I don't want to see my top wrinkled either. But what I DO happen to need to complete the top boot assembly is (and I may have the terminalogy wrong)

a small chrome round button, about 3/4 inch in diameter with a button in the center of it. This button is installed toward the front of the convirtible boot. I think it is called a cinch stud or something close. Apparently they are in short supply and I need two to finish my top boot. Now there is my excuse, yeah!! thats the ticket, I can't put my top down cause I can't snap the boot on. Thats my story and I'm stickin to it.

Thanks

Tom

Edited by Tom Overfield (see edit history)

OK, here's a photo of my '41 Continental with the top DOWN. Admittedly, this picture was taken by the previous owner, before I bought the car.

At least I know that the top WILL go down. However, the top is at least 40 years old and it's pretty brittle by now.

At this time, a new top is pretty low on my priority list. Perhaps after I recover from the Coker 7.00x16 tires and the Columbia Overdrive I may consider a new top (with the correct rear window).

BTW, what are the dimensions of a "correct" rear window? Jeff??

post-31768-143138245714_thumb.jpg