Another one to identify

Guest rhandrew

Guest rhandrew

Hi all. New here. Friend of mine has this old pic and is hoping to find out what car is pictured here. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Bob

post-68548-143138236754_thumb.jpg

All,

It is not a Cunningham, but is a 1921 or 1922 Kissel Model 6-45 Gold Bug speedster.

The fenders are rounded, not flat, which marks it as a 1921, 1922, or 1923.

The hood has a top air vent which was discontinued after 326 cars were made, mid 1923.

The headlights on 1923 Kissel Gold Bug speedsters wer either "drums" or E & J types.

This picture has "Bullett" shaped headlights which were standard on 1921 or 1922's.

The cowl lights also look like they are bullet shaped like were on the 21's and 22's, butnot 23.

The car is a Deluxe speedster with optional bumpers and Buffalo #5 wheels.

It has suicide seat drawers, but they are folded in the body behind the left hand guy.

Check out my 1923 Kissel Gold Bug Speedster on Google - Mine is the beautiful yellow one!

Thanks, -- RON HAUSMANN P.E. --

Restorer32,

There is little factory documentation about Kissels. Most was, as you probably know, lost in the 1930's and 1940's when the plant was progressively decimated. But the recent 1922 Lynn Heintz barn find of a 1922 Kissel with E& J's and my own Kissel E & J lights which upon disassembly show a 1923 date and untampered wiring, tell me that these could have been factory equipment. The Kissel brothers were not too formal, and mixed and matched and custom built alot of things it seems.

I just bought another Kissel 1923 yesterday, which has standard drum headlights, but very weird green visors on them. I'm sure they are original, butagain they aren't shown in any of the surviving literature. That's enough for me.

RON

Guest rhandrew

Thank you so much. You guys are awesome! Passed the info on to my friend. He said he's been looking around for months. Just didn't know where to look!

Bob