FS: 1963 Buick Master Chassis and Body Parts Book

Jim Cannon

I have the 1963 Buick Master Chassis and Body Parts Book that I personally scanned to a CD (all 722 pages of it!) as a series of 22 PDF files, plus a complete, searchable index. It covers all models, not just Riviera.

These are high quality, high resolution scans. You will be amazed at the clarity.

There are 215 pages of illustrations in 2 files. The rest of the files are page after page of part descriptions, quantities, and part numbers, organized by group. There is one entire section of just "dealer installed options". I organized the files exactly the way Buick organized the book, into Groups.

You can search for any word or phrase in any PDF file, or you can search across all the files (if you are not sure which Group the part might be found in). The Search feature even finds little annotations in the illustrations.

Here is a link to a file with 3 example pages; go look at it:

Example Pages.pdf - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

I am selling this CD for $15 (by PayPal) with domestic postage included. Overseas postage will be slightly more, quoted individually.

These '63 Master Parts Books are pretty hard to find. If you do, you will pay a lot more than $15 for it. And the book does not have a complete index that you can search, like this CD does. If you have a '63 Riv, or any '63 Buick for that matter, you can really use one of these.

As always, contact me with any questions.

Thanks, Chuck. I'm glad you like it. I initially did all this for my own use, so I put a lot of thought into its organization. You can print any of the pages that you want for reference. I'm glad the mail service got it to you in 2 days.

• 1 year later...

I am still offering these. Many of the questions that come up are addressed n the Shop Manuals and in these Service Bulletins. Shipping to you is the same if you want 1, 2 or 3. Contact me at 63Riv at comcast dot net I take PayPal.

Jim

Guest Lasse

Hi Jim,

I already own a copy of the 63 Buick Shop Manual, but it doesn´t cover the body of the car. So bluntly said, I´m OK when handling the engine, transmission, electrics or steering but totally out in the blue when talking about door hinges.

Will this set your selling help me out?

Cheers,

Lasse

Hi Jim,

I already own a copy of the 63 Buick Shop Manual, but it doesn´t cover the body of the car. So bluntly said, I´m OK when handling the engine, transmission, electrics or steering but totally out in the blue when talking about door hinges.

Will this set your selling help me out?

Cheers,

Lasse

No, not really. You need the Body Service Manual for '63. But you will find the content for Riviera pretty thin.

The Service Bulletins contain helpful hints and tips, and error corrections, to the original shop manuals. They are the supplement to the shop manual (which went to press in 1962).

The Master Parts Book helps you identify parts you need by part number. This is helpful when looking at things on eBay.

Guest u571

I have purchased both cd's from Jim Cannon and for the money these are a must-have(63 riv set)Jim had put a lot of time into scanning all this data and it is well organized and professional down to the labeling on the cd.

Mark

I have purchased both cd's from Jim Cannon and for the money these are a must-have(63 riv set)Jim had put a lot of time into scanning all this data and it is well organized and professional down to the labeling on the cd.

Mark

Thanks, Mark. Glad you like them.

Now, if you have not done so yet, join the ROA. Lots more good stuff and helpful people there, too.

Guest u571

I dont know why people have assumed I am not a roa member,in fact I joined before I took delivery on my '63

Mark

I dont know why people have assumed I am not a roa member,in fact I joined before I took delivery on my '63

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for becoming a member! Many folks that post here aren't members so that assumption is often made when another ROA responds to someone without a signature/ROA number in the post that indicates otherwise. It helps when another ROA member is responding so they immediately know if you have access to the website, past tech info in the Riview, or the list of member/dealers advertisers for parts and services.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Guest u571

Thanks Jason,I dont understand why people cheap out on things like supporting an organization geared towards helping their ownership experience with an often quirky and uncommon car like the early rivieras.It also chaps my a** when those who take the time to respond to a posted question in a lengthy and detailed manner are not thanked by the poster.We shouldnt take it for granted that those more knowlegable than us have nothing better to do with thier time.

By the way Jason,I enjoyed your last article in the riview...THANK YOU!

Mark

Guest Rob J

Mark, you may want to consider adding you ROA member number to your signature, that way nobody will continue to ask or question.

Rob.

• 3 months later...
Jim,

I'm interested. $15 to the 63riv comcast net address then?

Yes.

Thanks.

Do you want the '63 Master Parts Book? Add another $10. No added postage when mailed at the same time. Lots of illustrations and fully searchable (as is '63 Service Bulletins, only '63).

I will get right out to you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, I do. I also have the 1963, 1964, and 1965 Buick Dealer Service Bulletins scanned as PDFs on CD. The '63 CDs are searchable for any text across all files on the CD. (Very handy.) The '64 and '65 CDs are not searchable (because Adobe Acrobat could not do text recognition on the original paper documents -- I tried.)

They are $10 each ($12 for the '65 Service Bulletins because they require 2 CDs to hold all of the files), plus shipping. USA shipping is $5; overseas is more (out of my control). One shipping fee per order, though, so you can spread it out over several CDs if you want.

I offer these at a modest price as a service to the Buick restoration community. I'm not getting rich off of them.

• 1 month later...

post-73610-143141852053_thumb.jpg

Hi Jim, I have this book, kindly provided by my Riv's previous owner. I recall seeing that there's another book, but I can't remember what it's called. Do you have it? I'll take whatever you have on the '65 aside from this Service Manual. If you advise amount I'll paypal.

Thanks

post-73610-14314185205_thumb.jpg