Spectacular 1956 Roadmaster 4-door Riviera coming from Danbury Mint

Centurion

Danbury Mint has announced today its latest 1:24 precision diecast, and it's one that lots of folks -- me included -- have been longing for. It will be available to the public for ordering in August.

Here are the first shots of the model, finished in the tri-tone colors of Carlsbad Black, Seminole Red, and Cameo Beige. I'll add more photos to this topic as they become available.

buick.jpg

One can only hope that we'll eventually see an entire series of '54 to '56 Roadmasters.

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)

Guest gunjeep444

Thanks for the info, I'll sure want one. Do you go through a dealer of some sort or direct from them?

Looks nice...I'll have to figure out if I can make space somewhere to display something like this. I've already got a few such beasts that are either hiding under dust or squirreled away (not as nice as this Danbury unit looks though).

Beautiful! I love 4 door hardtops. I'm certainly going to order one of these. When I was a kid, one of my neighbors had a '56 and I used to stop and look at it every time I rode by on my bike. It fascinated me to see the year imprinted on the grille badge.

Speaking of models, I have a small collection - 12 Danbury/Franklin mint models, about 100 promos and 50 1/8 diecasts on shelves in our bedroom. Don't know how many more my wife will tolerate.

And every time I say "no more high-dollar diecasts" they up and do something like this. I'm dithering on the 53 Studebaker- not because of the car, but because I think they could have picked a better color than deep red for it. A 53 Stude looks its best in light solid colors IMHO.

I did not get the 53 Estate Wagon because I did not like its blue paint job. Had it been about any other 1953 color, it would be on the shelf with the 49 Olds woody.

Maybe I'm too picky, b/c I'm sure there are plenty of folks who love the models in the colors DM chose.

The car used for this model is actually a solid black model 73 which I now own. The car was owned by Bill Tricarico of Vienna, VA and the photo shoot was done in 2009. I have the paperwork from Danbury thanking Mr. Tricarico and offering him (2) of the models when available. I guess they decided black was not as attractive as the tri-color scheme. Guess I'll have to get one!

post-43165-143138233037_thumb.jpg

Mickey, thanks for sharing the photo of your beautiful Roadmaster. Is this the car that has been offered in recent issues of the Bugle?

Several people on the various diecast forums have suggested that one of these with a solid Carlsbad Black exterior would be spectacular, and I think there's a decent possibility we'll see one in this color as a future re-paint from the Danbury Mint. I would certainly buy it!

• 4 weeks later...