Couple questions about the 58 I am buying.

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

Looking at the pictures of the 58 I am trying to buy I think there are a couple of small issues that are not correct. I am almost positive that my other 58 didn't have a hood ornament in the center of the hood, it also had red wheels and I thought that was correct or they should be body color, also I think I was told that these wide white walls are too wide.

post-30993-143138223242_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138223246_thumb.jpg

Not sure about 58's, but red wheels were an option with full wheelcovers, and body color wheels were the option for small "dog dish" hubcaps. Black wheels would have been standard. Again, not sure that is true on a 58.

Whitewall width is one of those things that people worry too much about, in my opinion. If it is 3" vs 2 1/2", who really cares? (Concours and other very high level judging aside) Now if they were like a four inch whitewall, they would just look too big. Can't help ya on the possibly extraneous bombsight.

hehehe....it's just like the saying that our ladies do when deciding on what jewelry to wear on a night-out.

"Look in the mirror and take off the first thing you see.." ...for some reason she never sees the dress first :P

With a car that has more than its fair share of ornamentation it makes me wonder why someone would try to add to that.

Love the 58's...sooo much to look at.

BTW...is that building in the first picture sinking away???

Pete is correct regarding the center ornament. Whitewalls were approximately 2 1/2 inches wide with slight variation depending on make. Those pictured seem slightly wide for judging purposes. Seminole Red wheels optional as stated.

Guest sintid58

I kind of thought the center ornament was added. It really isn't a huge deal to me as none of my cars if perfect and I really like the fact the car has factory A/C. It isn't a good candidate for 400 point jugding and I knew that before I started to talk about buying it. Now that the kids are gone my wife and I hope to rejoin the BDE and start touring regularly with them and this will make a very good car for that as well as traveling to BCA nationals. I doubt very much if I will ever have a car that competes in the 400 point class.