1989 problem with MAFS?

NCReatta

In my '89, I'll start her up (warm or cold) and the idle will go really far down, and almost cuts off. This is the only time she does it, and I've been told it could be the mass air flow sensor... before I replace it though, I though I'd run it past you guys.

Thanks in advance :)

I would clean the Idle Air Control as well as the MAF sensor.

The MAF sensor is pretty easy, just remove the 3 screws, flip the unit over and spray the two small wires w/carb cleaner, then gently wipe with q tip and replace. Make sure you don't lose the o ring.

The Idle Air Control is a litle trickier. There is a tutorial w/pictures on Ronnies site.

Sorry, the IAC cleaning instructions were removed from my website. That information is on Padgett's website. I had my website setup where you were able to view Padgett's web pages, (and some others), on my website. His website was given credit for it being the source of the information. I removed it when the owner of another website complained he did not want his information displayed on my website.

When I started my website I was trying to make as much information about the Reatta available and easy to find as I could but I quickly found that not everyone felt the way I did. I still have the same goal of providing as much information on the Reatta as possible in a way that makes it easy to find but I'm more cautious about how I do it. I don't want to offend anyone.

If Padgett wishes for his web pages to be displayed on my website again I would be happy to do so.

I have no objection...
Thanks Padgett for allowing me to display your information on my website. I have added 4 of your Reatta related web pages back on my website. I think the information you provide is a great asset to all Reatta owners.