Pushrod problem

Mark Simmons

I found this site thanks to Paul Rickman in Mich. I am in the very early stages of redoing a 34 Buick model 41. I need to locate 4 push rods for the 232.8 (233) cu in motor that was in the car. These are 11 5/8 inches in length. If you have them or know of someone that does please let me know. Thanks again Paul. Mark

I may have some push rods that you could use. I'll check in the morning. Do you know if the 34 rods interchange with 32 -33 same engine size? I only have pars manuals through 1933.

Bob

Series 40 motor for 1934 is all new design so earlier motor parts won't interchange but parts from later series 40 motors will ( at least 1935, 1936 and probably a few years later ).

The larger series cars for 1934 ( and 1935 ) will interchange with some motor mechanical parts from 1931, 1932 and 1933 as they didn't get the new design motor until 1936.

Thankyou to all who have taken the time to read my post so far. Especially the information from "down under" as it allows me to broaden my search fields. I understand this was a mid year model introduction with parts used from other General Motors divisions. It appears that this was a new engine designed for this model Buick. So I'll look a little harder knowing that these push rods are out there somewhere. Also thanks for the encouragement. Mark BCA #45145

THANKYOU !!!! Series 40 in Portland Oregon. Yes I am very intrested in some of those pushrods that you have in those coffee cans. You can reach me at snommis.kram@comcast.net This is my direct e-mail address. I would also be very intrested in a water jacket cover the one on this motor is severly rusted through in several places. Thanks for any and all help you can give. Mark

Guest mclbuick2002

Mark

If you are unable to get pushrods from 40series in Portland I have a spare complete 233 engine in pieces from a 1935 40 series.

Stan

Guest simonmeridew

Hi Mark

I think I saw a water jacket cover on eBay last week; I don't think it sold, but not sure. I can't find it now but if you do a search for it on ebay, be patient and one will show up.

simonmeridew

Thanks to all who gave input on the pushrod and water jacket parts for my 233 cu in engine. I found the pushrods and water jacket as well in Oregon and they will be shipped to me soon. As I told you all(?) I have a '34 mod 41 in the very early stages of restoration. This beauty in the semi rough has many more questions to be answered and this is the place to get most of them. Again a big thankyou guys world wide. Will try to post some pictures soon. Mark

Guest simonmeridew

Mark

I just am in the midst of a complete motor job on my '34 model 47 including new babbit. We may be able to give each other advice/encouragement along the way.

simonmeridew

Simon, Sounds good to me I am getting close to the point of sending my 233 to a machine shop for cleaning, measuring and checking for cracks. This will probably happen by the end of this month. I hear that Egge has new pistons and ring sets starting at .010 over hopefully the block hasn't worn that much. There is a place fairly close to where I'm at that can do the rod bearings I just need to start pricing services and internal parts as I can do most of the assembly work at my place. Old Buicks some fun huh? Mark