It's sad!!

bb1970

Did you do any homework on this? The Reatta forum was started in 1999, the Riviera forum started in 2007. There are other forums out there, hopefully you'lll find one of them soon.

Sorry. Not trying to hit a nerve here. I didn't know the ROA forum was newer. My thought is the older Rivs are alot cooler car. By the way can you let me in on other forums. I look at V8Buick.com some but mostly Skylark, GS (Skylark) content. Thanks, Bill

Check the ROA's website for forum informaton www.rivowners.org

The original Riviera Owner's Forum which was active for many years recently was closed; the moderator needed to spend more time with his family and at his other vocations. This one more or less took it's place.

If you're interested in Riviera technology, you can purchase a CD with all of the tech info that's been gathered since the formation of the the ROA in 1985 up to the introduction of the forums.

This next comment is based solely on my own experiences; for others it might be different. As a ROA regional coordinator, I noticed that the typical Riviera owner is older than what I would see as a typical Reatta owner. Out of the 60 or so ROA members in my region, less than half owned a computer and had the capibility to participate in an online forum. I would think that with the higher-tech Reatta, it would attract people who are more into being involved in online forums, email, facebook, blogs, and texting - stuff for the next generation of auto enthusiasts.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I thing that the data has been collected but there's a situation with getting the CD updated. Ray has been trying to get this done, but I'm not sure what the actual situation is. Anyone want a project?

The nice thing about the CD is that it was based on two things - the Q&A from members and tech advisors, and tech tips that were sent in as articles. All were answers based on experience and results.

With the forums as the main bases for Q&A now. so many, many times answers are submitted but you never hear back from the original poster as to whether or not the answer actually fixed the question. There's no "Thank you, it worked" or, "thanks, but that didn't work" posted and lots of folks don't know if the original problem was solved or still exists.

Ed

I make it a point to provide success or failure replies to my posts, especially if someone else took the time to read my problem and then gave useful information for all of us to use.

When I search through past posts, having that follow-up reply is very useful. I consider searching through these forums just like gold mining--- the pan is now a keyboard and the gold is the incredible wealth of information from all forum members.

Thank you to all who submit replies!! This is a great forum.