Antique Oakland? Need help with id.

Norton4

Attached are two photos of (I think) the same car from an old family album. There were two children in that family, one born in October, 1913 and the other born in November, 1915. Based on the age of the child in the car (I'm not sure which child in the family it is), I'd guess that the photo was taken no earlier than 1914 and no later than 1917. There is a sign that says "Oakland" in the windshield in one photo. The family lived in Bristol, Virginia, so I assume the photo was taken somewhere in that area.

Can anyone help identify the cars? Are they the same car? I would like to include the photos and car information in a family history that I am writing.

Thanks for looking!

post-66672-143138179703_thumb.jpg

post-66672-143138179711_thumb.jpg

Based on that scalloped section of the cowl under the windsheild, and cowl lights I'd say it was a 1914 Overland. Hood looks long enough to say it may be the six cylinder Model 6-48, the top of the line model that year. The V'd radiator is a great design feature and unique for the time, both photos are the same car IMO.

• 1 year later...
Guest De Soto Frank

Both photos are are of the same car, and it looks like there is a big decal that reads "Oakland" at the bottom, center of the winshield.

The running boards with the inset edge are unique... never saw that before...