1970 Riviera trim

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

My son is helping a body shop paint this car because of all the rock chips in the lower half of the car. While removing the trim on the left front fender it was broken. If I cant get a new peice is there anyone that can repair it. Robert has it in his head he wants to leave all of the trim off and I don't want to end up with a modified car. Last winter we purchased this car as a winter project and he has a lot of time invested in it so would like it to be right when he is done. I plan on giving him a BCA membership for his birthday this year so hopefully we will gain a new young member.

Edited by sintid58 (see edit history)

My son is helping a body shop paint this car because of all the rock chips in the lower half of the car. While removing the trim on the left front fender it was broken. If I cant get a new peice is there anyone that can repair it. Robert has it in his head he wants to leave all of the trim off and I don't want to end up with a modified car. Last winter we purchased this car as a winter project and he has a lot of time invested in it so would like it to be right when he is done. I plan on giving him a BCA membership for his birthday this year so hopefully we will gain a new young member.

Curious as to how your front fender trim was held on.

In the assembly manual, it shows trim nuts on both ends with push/barrel type clips in between.

On my car, the trim had nuts running the whole length of the fender making them a real joy to remove. :mad:

Other '70 owners I have asked found the same thing I did. Nuts.

My car is in the process of paint, and when I go to place these back on the car, I am going to find barrel clips that I can just push the trim on in the middle.

I have wondered why they chose to use trim nuts the whole length on the front fenders only.

Guest sintid58

I didn't take it off myself, my son did it at the body shop because he is doing some of the work as a senior project. I will look at it when I get down there and let you know.

Guest sintid58

Well I bid on the one on Ebay, it ended while I was at work Saturday and I couldn't watch it sell. I thought I had increased my bid to $150 but evidently not so it sold for $102. Now I am still looking for this, wish I could get in touch with the buyer from ebay and see if he needs the same piece I do. I would surely be willing to purchase what I need from him if ie didn't. So for now still looking.

Guest sintid58

They were the first place I tried. Got a window regulator for my 55 Special from them but no Riviera trim parts.

Don't know what else this guy might have, but it might be worth the phone call.

1970 Buick Riviera

I use the link below quite often when I'm scrounging for parts. It compiles all of the Craigslist, Ebay, and a couple of other forums to make one stop shopping available for what you're in need of.

site mash : : combined classified and auction listings

In the left colum, click on the Vehicle Parts, then you can type in what ever it is you're looking for. If you want, you can narrow your search by region. Thre's a "sticky" for this link on the Buick Buy/Sell forum.

Ed

Guest sintid58

"Curious as to how your front fender trim was held on"

Sweepspear, I know the drivers side trim was held on with bolts and nuts but according to my son everything else including the front fender trim on the passenger side was held on with clips in the middle and nuts on the ends. I hope he is right otherwise he broke off all the studs on the passenger side. The car has been put on hold for awhile because the body shop that was helping him work on it is backed up because of the bad roads and weather we have had here. I hope to get down to look at the car in the next week or two.

Edited by sintid58 (see edit history)