Buick Bugle

Long Roof

I just received my newest issue of the Buick Bugle. I think it is my 4th issue since I joined the Buick Club of America. I have not read all of it yet, but it looks to be the same high quality as the first several issues.

I am new to the Buick scene and am learning from those more experienced. Great web site, great magazine, great help.

Thanks

Steve

Rick,

As a guy from Iowa I'm sure you know your corn! That is central Illinois finest behind the car.

I got the car to where I am not afraid of getting stranded when I take it out now. Had to redo the brakes, new water pump, freeze plugs, starter rebuild, carb rebuild, tires, radiator, power steering pump rebuild, electronic ignition, shocks, sway bar,tranny rebuild (ouch) and a few things I have forgotten. Other than that its a solid car.

Really though, most of the stuff has been typical maintenance work. The car had not been driven for 20 some years. Fun to drive now.

Hey Hey Steve you have a cool car and it looks like you plan to enjoy it. You are right about the Buick Bugle I think that is the best club mag that I get and I get the Falcon, Mustang and the Reatta Newsletter an have taken the Riviera Mag. They are all good but the Bugle is head and shoulder above the rest. Could be that Pete Phillips has a high degree of pride in his work.

Make sure you visit the Reatta bunch at the National in Ames, We are campaining to win the membership contest for the cook out

Chuck Kerls

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Steve:

Nice looking Century. pretty rare too, only 8160 built and none for export. People used them as trucks and most have been trashed out and Centuries especially got driven hard. Very low survival rates. Probably less that 50 left today.

Pete Phillips happens to be a personal friend of mine. He's easily one of the top 10 folks in the world whan you're talking Buick history and he works hard at the Bugle. His dad graduated from Harvard and was a college history professor here in Texas, who wrote several books on Texas subjects. Probably genetic!

Regards, Dave Corbin