Come one, come all to National Geographic...

keiser31

Got this in the email...

Alan Lewenthal along with Marquis Auto Restorations is proud to announce the

premier of our new TV Series.

Pass it along to everyone.

Our TV series will be premiering on Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 8:00 PM on The

National Geographic Channel. You can tune in to see the following episodes over

the next few weeks:

1967 Amphicar - Thursday, Jan 14 8:00-9:00 PM (prime time east coast)

1967 Amphicar - Thursday, Jan 14 11:00-12:00 AM (prime time west coast

viewing)

1967 Amphicar - Thursday, Jan 21 4:00-5:00 PM (after school children

viewing)

1969 Camaro - Thursday, Jan 21 8:00-9:00 PM (prime time

east coast)

1969 Camaro - Thursday, Jan 21 11:00-12:00 AM (prime time

west coast viewing)

1969 Camaro - Sunday, Jan 24 2:00-3:00 AM (west

coast viewing)

You may send this to everyone you know and use the links below, this will help

us build a large viewer audience which will make the show popular. The more

people that see it and the more positive response we get will all help.

</pre>

Guest windjamer

Hey John, Thanks for the heads up. Watched it last night with the wife and son-in-law.Great program. My son-in-law kept shakeing his head and makeing coments like glub glub and I hope hes got lots of life jackets. I cant wate for the next part on Hershey. Thanks again

Nice Camaro and fun to watch but they ended up losing $40K on the car. It sold at auction for $65,000 and they had over $100K in the restoration. It was pretty sad. Alan's eyes were still wet and bloodshot when they interviewed him after the sale. I sure hope they were getting some money from the show!!

Nice Camaro and fun to watch but they ended up losing $40K on the car. It sold at auction for $65,000 and they had over $100K in the restoration. It was pretty sad. Alan's eyes were still wet and bloodshot when they interviewed him after the sale. I sure hope they were getting some money from the show!!

I was bummed out that they switched to "The Dog Whisperer" so I did not see the 1967 Amphicar program, but I saw the Camaro. I thought that the show was well done although they called the Camaro a "barn find" and from what I saw, it was a rusty hulk in a field of other cars. We all know that is not the definition of a "barn find". They sure did a beautiful job of removing the previous owner's bodywork and getting it back to original construction. I will look forward to more of their shows.

It sounds like there are only three shows in the series. I hope they get a good enough response to make another batch. As I said after the first episode, they do hype it up a little and they throw money around carelessly ($18,000 for a rough shell with no engine or transmission?) but I like that they lose money in the end and show the viewer that old cars are not an easy way to make a quick buck. And their work does indeed seem to be good quality. I will also look forward to more. Todd