Is this a Imperial

Here is a pic of a 1948 Chrysler Crown Imperial.

All Chryslers from 1946 to 1948, had the Crown insignia on the window trim, badges.

What does it say on the model emblems on the sides of the hood, how about on the center cosole on the dash.

Your pics say Windsor Royal, it will be one or the other, but not both........Fred

post-41564-143138156577_thumb.jpg

Not sure can not make out whats on the side or dash, i was just curious when i saw the crown on the window trim , its for sale and the guy will take 1500 for it, its in Alberta some where.

James

There is another 1 of these in decent shape, and in running condition, may even have a safety certificate.

Its a 1948 Chrysler Royal 4 door Blue, and in nice straight shape. Last time I asked the owner, wanted around 3 grand for it. I also know where is another 4 door in about the same or better shape then the 1 in your pics for about $1000. Both cars are in Winnipeg............Fred PS here is a pic of my Coupe

post-41564-143138156963_thumb.jpg

Edited by fred (see edit history)

If you have access to the car, look at the serial number on the passenger side front door pillar. If 1946 Imperial, numbers should be between 7810001 and 7810166. If 1947 Imperial, numbers should be between 7810167 and 7810907. If 1948 Imperial, numbers should be between 7810908 and 7811347. If 1949 Imperial (first run and looks like a '48), the numbers should be between 7811348 and higher.

If a 1946 Imperial, the high beam indicator light is located at the top of the speedometer and has white tail lamp buttons. If a 1947 Imperial, the high beam indicator light is located into the speedometer dial and has red tail lamp buttons.

What a nice coupe, i have a 48 chrysler New Yorker Coupe , its in pieces right now but one day it will cruise down the road , do you have any more information on the 48 royal or could you get some for me, my email is dieseldust@telus.net

Cheers

James

Thanx for the Thumbs up on my car, she was a real rough piece of junk, when I got her, I am slowly piecing her back togehter. She will nevr be show quality, but hopefully a respectable # 3 driver.

I sent you an email regarding the Royal sedan in Winnipeg............Fred

If a 1946 Imperial, the high beam indicator light is located at the top of the speedometer and has white tail lamp buttons. If a 1947 Imperial, the high beam indicator light is located into the speedometer dial and has red tail lamp buttons.

My 1946 NewYorker business coupe has the high beam indicator right above the speedo! Is it an Imperial business coupe? Couldn't be. 1946 Chrysler cars had the high beam as you noticed- above the speedo. Speedo has 2 red arrows for T/Signal indicators. The starter button on 1946 cars is also next to the ignition key. 1947 on the starter button is on the left side of dash in the plastic extension. 1946-8 Imperials are all 145.5" wheel base. The Windsors were made in a long WB 139.5 8 pass sedan or Limo too.

Bob

Edited by c49er (see edit history)

My 1946 NewYorker business coupe has the high beam indicator right above the speedo! Is it an Imperial business coupe? Couldn't be. 1946 Chrysler cars had the high beam as you noticed- above the speedo. Speedo has 2 red arrows for T/Signal indicators. The starter button on 1946 cars is also next to the ignition key. 1947 on the starter button is on the left side of dash in the plastic extension. 1946-8 Imperials are all 145.5" wheel base. The Windsors were made in a long WB 139.5 8 pass sedan or Limo too.

Bob

Yes....other Chryslers had the same features as the Imperials. I was mostly trying to determine the years for the guy.

• 3 months later...