1929 nystate dealer plate

Seldenguy

Could anyone post a photo of a 1929 New York state dealer license plate. I have been around along time and have never seen one. Is the word dealer on the plate? Is there an "M" suggesting manufacturer? I know that there is an unusual letter/number combination in '29.Just curious. --Bob

I have been told by several plate collector that the original 1915 NY plates on my 1915 Buick were dealer plates. The numbers start with an "R," for "Retail " I believe. The normal NY plates at that time were just numbers.

It would be interesting if that old plate could talk and tell me of the grand old autos that it was on, which were new at that time, or used brass era cars. :cool: Dandy Dave!

Thanks 1937hd45, I will try them again. Dandy Dave -- Thanks for your input. I am familiar with the 1915 plate. It is abnormally large 7" X 16". It also has "dealer" embossed across the top, in addition to having the letter M for manufacturer as a prefix to the numbers. My '15 "T" roadster has a set on it since the first day of YOM here in NY. Thanks again to you both.--Bob