Can I see '64 Riv aftermarket wheel options, please?

Guest Scotsbass

Guest Scotsbass

Hi,

I'm researching the custom / aftermarket wheel options for my 64 Riviera. I'm looking for something wide enough to fill the rear (and front to a lesser extent) wheel wells, without going crazy.

Ideally I'm not looking for anything too Muscle Car themed, but would be really grateful if members could post some shots of what non stock wheels have been fitted on their cars.

...and finally, can anyone give me sizes of non stock wheels and tires that they have used successfully.

Thanks (once again) in advance

Keith

Keith, here is couple of my 63. Wheels are Billet Specialties GP-47s. 17x7 in the front and 17x8 in the rear with a 255/55/17 tire. Plenty of room for these in the wheelwell. These wheels are not a shelf item but are custom made to order. There are a few pit falls to installing custom wheels on an early Riv. I made a rather detailed report on custom wheels about 6-8 months ago or longer. Should still be in the archives. If you can't find it send me a PM and I will give you more info. I also have a rather extensive picture collection of early Rivs I saved while deciding on my wheels. I can share these also if you like. Let me know if you want more info. Good luck.

post-53315-143138126136_thumb.jpg

post-53315-14313812614_thumb.jpg

post-53315-143138126144_thumb.jpg

Sidewall bulge will have an effect on the way the tire fits. An 18in tire might have more bulge than a 17in one. My "stock" 225/75R15's on stock steel wheels do definately rub the frame at full lock and I think the bulge in the sidewall has a lot to do with that. Next set of wheels I'm getting will have 2.5in vs 2.375in backspacing.