no spark no fuel

Guest cmdr bob

Guest cmdr bob

bought a 1989 reatta,not running $200.00 nice car.Changed the ecm under the coil pack,no change.Haynes manual for riviera says it's the crankshaft sensor to big a job for me so it's off to the local garage, any idea's,I can hear the fuel pump running when I try to start it..

Guest Kingglory

I thought I had a deal @ 1000 bucks. This one is solid and from Florida. Its been in Michigan 4 years and still clean. I needed some work as well and trust me on this, These guys here are very supportive and knowledgeable!

I have done everything myself so far and with all the repairs should be about 2,000 in mechanicals. Still a great deal considering what these have been going for.

You got a great deal if the body and interior is not in bad condition.

Good luck!

Guest THEHKP7M13
bought a 1989 reatta,not running $200.00 nice car.Changed the ecm under the coil pack,no change.Haynes manual for riviera says it's the crankshaft sensor to big a job for me so it's off to the local garage, any idea's,I can hear the fuel pump running when I try to start it..

You stole it.

The crank sensor is a P.I.T.A.

Guest THEHKP7M13
I agree with Haynes. Off to the local garage!

I thought with a faulty crank sensor there is no fuel pressure, spark, or injector pulse???

It has quite a few years removed fromthis industry.

I thought with a faulty crank sensor there is no fuel pressure, spark, or injector pulse???

It has quite a few years removed fromthis industry.

You got two out of three right. To my knowledge, the crank position sensor has no effect on the fuel pump running and building pressure at the fuel rail.

Am a little concerned that you say a crank sensor is too big a job, have done one on a curb (right Kenny 8*).

Just a bad crank sensor will keep it from firing, why do you say "no fuel" ? Did you put a gauge on the pressure rail ?

Guest cmdr bob

cleaned spark plugs, tried to start a few times,removed plugs,still dry as a bone. Car is now at local garage ,will find out Monday and let you know.

OK - what I usually do in a case like this is to pour about an ounce of gas directly into the intake through the hoses on top. If it starts and runs briefly, the problem is fuel delivery, not spark. Triage is good.

Am seeing quite a few failing fuel pumps lately. Amazon is turning out to be the supplier of choice with their free shipping. For fuel pumps I only use real AC Delco as long as I have a choice. About $80.

Guest Richard D

So for $397.00 plus some aggravation you got yourself a running, driving Reatta. Not a bad deal, ask anyone here!

Congratulations,

Richard.

Guest Craig57

Still way ahead of the game on this one. Thats for sure. The radio module is no big deal. I'll bet the fan problem is minor also. Good Luck!

I'll bet the fans work. As Ronnie stated turn on the A/C and I bet the fans come on.

The radio is a swap out deal. There are some pick ups, caddys, and buicks with a similar set up.

It is more a lack of knowledge, as these cars are the same only different. By that I mean they are G.M. cars with additional electronics that make them a little different animal.

Where can you find an '89 from any other car maker that has the features that just in the last 4 years or so become popular? ie; touch screen? an '89 w/ABS?