1923 Buick 23-4-39 Restoration Help!

DaveAspi

Well, it has almost 5 years since aquiring my 1923 Buick 4-39, and it is NOW time to get'r running. Step 1 is done- the engine does turn freely, and the electrical is all working. My goal is to have her running in time for our local Christmas parade. Might be a bit aggressive, but it's a goal.

I am looing for advice/help on what to do next. The car has not been started for well over 15 years, but is in remarkable condition. All original. Looking for a Buick expert in the Southern California area, San Diego if possible, to help with the engine issues. Since it is only original once, I don't want to "mess" it up.

Are there any Buick 4 cylinder experts out there? I am a member of the Buick Society, and would be greatful for the help getting this rarity back on the road.

Thanks, Dave

post-49586-143138115132_thumb.jpg

post-49586-143138115134_thumb.jpg

post-49586-143138115136_thumb.jpg

post-49586-143138115138_thumb.jpg

post-49586-14313811514_thumb.jpg

post-49586-143138115142_thumb.jpg

post-49586-143138115143_thumb.jpg

You can call a good friend of mine. He is in LaMesa/San Diego. His name is Gene (Eugene) Mayfield. He restores cars and is excellent with them. He can direct you to someone or he can help you himself, probably. I do not have his number, but he should be listed in the phone book. He lives on Waite Drive near 69th Street just up from College Avenue and highway 94. Oh....that car is a beauty. I would leave it as is and enjoy driving it as much as possible. John

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Thanks for the reply, I will look him up, that is real close to me in Encinita. Is he a BCA member?

Dave

He is in the Horseless Carriage Club of America (can I say that here?). He is great friends with all of the old car guys in the area. He is also a genius body man, not that your car needs anything like that. I don't think that he is in the Buick Club, but he will probably know of a few guys in the area who are.

Come on over, BCA website is one of the threads on this site. Look us up.

If you get stuck, It will cost you a plane ticket (Round Trip), and you will have to put me up, and put up with me till we are are done! ;) Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)