Directions to Showfield

DizzyDale

Diz...

On Rt. 322 (the main drag in front of the Lodge) go right. Follow Rt. 322 and you will see signs for Hershey Park Drive. Continue for about 2 miles maximum and there will be signs directing you to take a Right where Rt. 39 intersects (on the east side of the Giant Center).

Now, as I am typing to a guy that interprets "drag" as "Floor It" and get there on either 4 wheels, or, side ways, or, on the roof to slide across the finish line...not in this case, Diz. Accelerate out of the Hershey Lodge nicely, take a leisurely cruise to the Giant Center, obey the speed signs, and, have a great time.)

I'll see your there as usual.

Peter J.

Guest GREMLIN JOHN

Diz,if everything else fails, just follow the other the other guys. At that time in the am there be plenty of cars wandering around. [at least if there're lost you won't be alone.] I have to leave my house @ apox 0500 hrs to drive up there in my HPOF.:D

My advice, regarding following - make sure you know the first car knows where it is gong and how to get there.

And remember, there are a couple of ways in and out of Hershey Lodge, as I recall. best to map quest or some other means to have a map (in my opinion).

John

Hey Peter,How much trouble can i get in?????It's 85 horse.Take Care and see you soon.diz Hey Gremlin John,In the past we have stayed approx 1 hour north,this year driving the '37 in the early am darkness is pretty scary.Have you ever seen the taillights on a '37 Ford?????YIKES.Have a nice ride and look me up on the showfield.diz:)

Edited by DizzyDale (see edit history)

Guest GREMLIN JOHN

Diz, thanks for the invite, and I will look you up. At least my ride is 12v with hyd brakes. See you there and have a safe & fun ride. [That goes out to everybody else too!]

this year driving the '37 in the early am darkness is pretty scary.Have you ever seen the taillights on a '37 Ford?????YIKES.:)

Diz,

A good way to combat this is go to Wal Mart in the automotive section and spend the $15 (or so) for the small package of reflective trailer decals.

No I'm not telling you to stick the decals on the back of the car.

Here's what you do......

Take that package of trailer decals and stick the decals onto magnet material. Then when you're in the dark you put the reflectorized magnets on the back of the car, when you get stopped, you peel the magnets back off. We'll throw the magnets in whatever vehicle we have if we're going someplace and think that we might get caught in the dark.

The reflectors show up better than the tail lights do.

Another method (that I'd also recommend) is buying the 6 volt LED light bulbs for your tail lights.

As for Hershey Lodge, remember that the lodge sits between Route 322 and Route 422. In either case if you're heading towards downtown Hershey, you're not going in the best direction. As what Peter said take either 322 or 422 to Hersheypark Drive (Route #39).

I don't think 422 has the amount of traffic that you see on 322, but if you go out of the Hershey Lodge Parking Lot and see Friendly's, turn Left at the traffic light in front of Friendly's, turn right at Hersheypark Drive, and stay in the right lane at the Giant Center. The Derry Township PD does a pretty good job at having the signs out and labelling things.

.............We'll be there with the Plymouth pickup.