side markers/turning lamps

Guest dchgomag

Guest dchgomag

Question on changing out blown bulbs on the corning lamps...

On my 91 Reatta, I've attempted to change out the LEFT/DRIVER-side corning lamp. Specifically, the corning lamp that stays on solid, white in color when lit, that luminates the side of the road when activated.

I've tried to access the bults from all angles. From the access panel at the tire well to from above and in between the finder/bumper.

Any adivce? It is driving me nuts as I do work very hard to keep this car in tip top shape.

Thanks.

First remove the strut brace from the left strut tower to the radiator bulkhead. Next remove the cover on the relay center. There are two screws (I believe) holding the relay center in place. They go through the base of the relay center. Carefully move the relay center assembly out of your way. Next remove the two mounting screws for the windshield washer bottle. Pull up slightly on the bottle to move out of your way. Finally, look down and you have easy access to that Dang bulb.;)

The service manual says to remove the parking lamp assembly by removing the 4 screws that hold it in place.... they are accessed from under the car, one is above the bumper shock

and is difficult to get at.... once you get it out, do not replace it, 3 screws will hold the assembly in place.

Everyone seems to have a "better" way of changing these bulbs, but it takes more time to remove the headlight assembly, or the relay box than it does to take out the four screws.

Sure you could remove the fender but the service manual way is no big deal.

Guest Squire Tom

take barney's advice !

i had to replace rear speakers and at first i thought removing the interior panels was too much trouble. but i tried barney's way and it was easy and quick. be careful on the seat bekt hangers as they are old and brittle , i broke one but super glued it together.

also one of the mounting studs pulled away from the cardboard backing on the fascias.

slow and easy and no problems.

thanx barney

Guest dchgomag

Thank you all for the info. I really appreciate all the input and interest!

I have to say I know of the screws holding the lenses in from behind. Just that I at times can't believe things are so complicated and complexed!!

I do have a shop manual for the 89' year Reatta/Riviera, but couldn't find any directions on this application.

Again, thanks so much for the input.

D~ Madison, WI

Guest Bobby Valines

Where can I find that video on taking off the front lens? I just came in from looking at it and cant find the four screws. Appreciate any help.

• 1 year later...
Guest squiretom

i am in the same boat. i looked in the data page for a 91 and there is no listing for the clear turn illuminator light bulb. what is the number for that bulb?

i want to buy some bulbs before i try removing the assembly.

thanx

by the way my owners manual was severely water damaged before i bought it. there are only a few pages that i can open without damaging the manual further.

Guest Mc_Reatta

In a pinch, the front ones can be gotten to by manually raising the headlight about half way giving enough space to get your hand in to reach the sockets.

The rear most bulb on each side requires removing the battery on one side and the windshield washer bottle and relay center on the other. They can then be gotten to from behind there.

Turn signal can be and side ones can be reached from under the car.

If you have more than one or two per side or one of the back ones, consus is to pull the assembly, it's easier.