Where did the option go?

Guest C.F.Massie

Guest C.F.Massie

Ok I'll bite, where did the option that listed Reattas or parts for sale? Am I not seeing it on this new format or was that just flat eliminated?:confused:

For some reason, the moderator must feel a need to keep things clean and seperated.

I would think it would comsume the same amount of drive space in one file or ten.

Also, to go from the Reatta forum to the Buy/sell, the only method I have found is to click on the "Buick Clubs"

at the top, then click on "Buy/sell"........ then reverse the procedure if you want to go back to the Reatta Forum It would be nice to have a direct link so we could toggle back and forth.

I usually only look at the Reatta forum.......seldom the Buy/sell but I am always open to buying things..... this method keeps money in my pocket.

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

Guest daveagain909

Isn't there another whole forum for reatta's for sale ? Just checked, yes there is but you need to come in to the aaca site and go to forums then page down to reatta forum and just below it is reatta's for sale forum.

Dave

Guest spyhunter2k

If there is to be a separate buy/sell forum, then I would support the moderator in moving items to that forum as appropriate. When members post their buy/sell posts in the general forum instead of the buy/sell, it devalues that separate forum and soon no one remembers that there even is a separate forum, to the detriment of those who attempt to "play by the rules" and keep their buy/sell posts there.

I think the real issue is whether or not a separate buy/sell forum is needed, and members have waffled on this a bit. The last consensus was to have a separate forum, so I believe the moderator is just trying to support that last consensus.

That said, there used to be a "sticky" post at the top of the discussion forum containing a direct link to the separate buy/sell forum. This reminds members that it's there and allows quick access to it. When the software change occurred, it seems that this "sticky" disappeared. Perhaps the mod could post another one?

spyhunter2k, The sticky missing at the top of the page, after the forum update, may be one reason postings in the classified ad section of my website have increased. I have received some nice emails from people who have sold their car after posting it there. Glad to see you have a link to the classified ads on my website in your signature line.

I invite anyone who wants to list your car there to do so. It's free!

I've created the requested "sticky" here on this forum. My personal preference was having everything in one spot as in my experience there are items that I've bought that I wasn't necessarily already looking to buy and assumed that that was somewhat universal.

The powers that be prefer the separate Buy/Sell Forum setup and I feel like I need to enforce it just for the sake of consistency and fairness. If the thinking is that we should allow buy/sell posts in the general Reatta section, what is the point of the designated Buy/Sell forum? The resultant double-posting and competitive disadvantage to those not double-posting are additional reasons for why I've been moving things around.

Going forward, I'll leave pointers showing that the thread has been moved so as to not create confusion about the status of those relocated posts.