Buick Reatta T3T4 Turbo Charger

johnemac

Ebay #350216981655 in the additional buy it now section. No more excuses!
I like what is says at the bottom of the page:

"There are no installation instructions included. The install is simple and most customers install it themselves in a weekend. "

Yeah, right! It looks like a plumbers nightmare to me.

Guest Richard D

It says it is designed for a Reatta, yet it has statements like this, "This kit may allow you to keep your air conditioning and power steering for a great street setup. " Why doesn't the manufacturer know if you can keep little items like your A/C and Power steering? If it truly was designed for a Reatta you would not have to cut and fit intake tubing and all power accesories would work. :rolleyes:

Edited by Richard D (see edit history)

Guest Richard D
Even if it was a perfect fit, you would blow up your transmission, right?

Oh yeah, I guess he forgot to mention that. Can't most folks remove and upgrade then reinstall their trannys on the next weekend?

Folks: transmissions do not blow up on this sort of power, they blow up because people like to spin the wheels and stop. Or spin on a wet patch and drag onto dry. It is shock loads that blow trannys though you can burn out the bands if injudicious.

Suspect one answer would be to hold the wastegate open in first gear. Turbo diesel is converting me but still believe that boost in a gas engine belongs above 20,000 feet.

The price for the parts isn't too bad, if the parts are name brand and not Chinese knockoffs. A Garrett, Turbonetics or Precision turbo would make the kit price a reasonable deal. There are no exhaust parts in that photo (except for the turbine down pipe) or the description, and that is the major headache on the Reatta; I know about that. The sizing sounds sorta right, and a T3/T4 hybrid was similar to what the Grand Nationals used but the one in the photo doesn't have an internal wastgate. Ricer style aftercooler and fans don't fit it?? Doesn't look like a weekend install to me. The neglected to mention the computer control issues, larger injectors and upgraded fuel system too. Needs a photo of a system installed and operational on a Reatta.

Guest RynoDyno312

That's clearly a chinese-built universal kit, It doesn't come with manifolds, and the turbo will probably die after a few thousand miles. You could put together your own kit with better equipment for around that price, anyway.