Eligible for HPOF

DizzyDale

Hey,I recently bought a '37 Ford Deluxe Tudor and have a few questions.I would like to show this car in the HPOF class at Hershey.It is a totally ORIGINAL,NEVER been restored car with the exception of having all four fenders repainted and welting replaced between fenders and body.A couple of the previous owners showed this car at AACA and Early Ford V-8 meets and it has won the following awards.AACA Junior first in 1972,Dearborn award in the mid 80s and more recently Rouge awards.Me being the NEW owner will i have ANY issues showing this car in HPOF.THANKS for any and all input.diz

Here is the appropriate wording from the Judging Manual:

REGISTERING A VEHICLE BETWEEN

CLASSES

A vehicle that has won a First Junior

Award cannot then enter the HPOF or

DPC class. The only exception would be

if it is after 10 years since it won the First

Junior Award and elects to return any

award badges (ie, junior, senior, AGNM) to

AACA and implement the Recycle option.

A vehicle that has won a 2nd Junior

or 3rd Junior award or no award

competing in the Junior class can

enter either the HPOF or DPC class.

It looks like all you have to do is remove and return any 1st Junior award that is mounted on the car, and you can then enter the car in HPOF.

• 1 month later...
Guest '48 Highlander

I am new to the hobby & new to AACA. I proudly show my '48 Chrysler New Yorker with Highlander interior as an original & unrestored survivor.

I registered for Hershey in the 26b Class. What do I need to do to enter my New Yorker in the HPOF Class?

I am new to the hobby & new to AACA. I proudly show my '48 Chrysler New Yorker with Highlander interior as an original & unrestored survivor.

I registered for Hershey in the 26b Class. .....

Welcome to the AACA.

I added your name and vehicle, and what class it will be in, to the 2009 printable list of who will be at Hershey and where to find them. That way anyone that wants to see your car can find it. :)

I registered for Hershey in the 26b Class. What do I need to do to enter my New Yorker in the HPOF Class?

It sounds like you do need to be in HPOF. I do not know how you are supposed to change after submitting your registration but I would call National Headquarters at (717) 534-1910. I am sure they can either give you the Meet registration chairman's number to call and ask for it to be changed or else they can instruct you in how to otherwise get it changed.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck in class judging. Enjoy the meet anyway. Assuming class judging does not work out too well for you, try HPOF next time. Welcome to AACA. You will find it to be a great club.