1929 DA parts needed

dwollam

I will be needing the left front lever shock for my 29 DA business coupe plus it looks like the housing on the speedo is munched. Fan only has 2 blades, I believe it should be 4, maybe it is 2 pieces? Will need passenger outside door handle and both window winder handles. Still looking for a business coupe deck lid for my friends 29 DA as well. (Can't have mine!) Another thing missing is spare tire rim, 19". I'm sure I will find more things I need as I dig farther into it.

Thanks

Try Tom and Cindy, I sold a set a few years back, prob. still have them, if not I see them on e-bay pretty often, fan originally had only two blades, Handles are avail thru Welcome I suggest buying them here as they are fantastic quality and no need to chrome plate as they are polished stainless. Cant suggest anything on the decklid and I guess you need to pinpoint which rim you are after as they used three different styles for DAs with wooden wheels but if you have wire than maybe it might be simpler, I dont know a thing about wire wheels, hope this helps

Dont know why but this new system evidently wont show the name I typed of the site I had suggested for handles, just click on the welcome and it will bring you there.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

You will find the differences between the rims in the fellowe width, Cant say much as far as interchanging parts between the wheels, I simply dont know as I have seen two of the three styles but have never had to mix and match anything. The differences are very minimal and the average person would never know unless he broke out his tape measure ect. Post some more pict. of your car when you have time, I always enjoy looking

I will be needing the left front lever shock for my 29 DA business coupe plus it looks like the housing on the speedo is munched. Fan only has 2 blades, I believe it should be 4, maybe it is 2 pieces? Will need passenger outside door handle and both window winder handles. Still looking for a business coupe deck lid for my friends 29 DA as well. (Can't have mine!) Another thing missing is spare tire rim, 19". I'm sure I will find more things I need as I dig farther into it.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------

Dwollam. my DA had 4 blades, 1 blade broke and so I replaced with a more modern blade set in the 70's. I found a 4 blade; set of 2 pieces, on Ebay recently so I can let you have the 2 blade unit I still have...I believe they just fit into each other and will interchange....I'll have to check the set I bought. I won't be able to get to my car for another week, but if I can find the 2 blade unit I'll be happy to send it to you.

I have seen exterior door handles and shocks for the DA on Ebay as well...the handles seem to amways pop up frequently.

Bob, that would be great!

I scored an outside door handle today from Gerry Egland! Now..... How does it come off? There are the 2 eschutchion screws on the outside and it appears there is a screw in the end of the square shaft but after pulling back the door panel I can't see the end of it to remove said screw. Help from the experienced please! :)

Jason, the running board rubbers look original. The drivers side has shrunk, revealing the edges. There are no borders, it is straight ribbed only.

Dave,

Let me know your address and I'll send the blade to you. Again, I just believe the blades are interchangable and just interlock using the same mounting screws, but I'll check the car / parts in about a week.

From what I remember my exterior door handles came off after removing the escutcheon screws, but maybe my memory is incorrect....I just don't remember having to go throught the interior door panel to remove them.

I got your e-mail and will look at my parts next week. As far as your door handles, yeah be careful as I believe they are pot metal......maybe there is rust on the cranking mechanism where the shaft of the handle fits into....I know my felted window channels have leaked over time. Is it possible to pull the handle out enough where a squirt of WD40 or something like that might help?...just don't remember anything else holding those handles in.

All of the pictures in the 29' owners hand book show the fan to be a four blade fan. My fan is a four blade assembly of two separate identical two blade fans nested together. One could be used alone if problems developed with the other. Model A Fords used a two blade fan. Those fans were suseptable to stress cracks and ultimate failure. The DA fan blades are very well made and since there are two, it's like having a spare, though I doubt that you would ever crack one.

Good luck with your parts search. Terry

Bob, I wish I had a rear door but sadly I do not. They are rather hard to find as I am sure you know. I do not know yet what my rim / latch looks like. 2 types of shocks you say?

All my 4cyl expertise is out the window with this DA!

I was wrong, I did not bother to look at my car or any literature, there are 4 blades, I must have been thinking of another car I have had, sorry for the confusion

• 2 weeks later...

Rear hood hinge piece that attaches to cowl is 2 piece and you can easily make these, if you need good pict. and dimensions let me know and I can do that, I can even trace it for you and send it thru the mail, might be easier. I think I already mentioned about the new repro cranks.

How about those pict?