Rear DB on Ebay

Guest dbnz

I just brought home my 29 DA business coupe last night, got it running today. Probably a good thing I bought it or I would be wanting to drive to NY to buy that Cabriolet! Man I love those! And I could haul pigs to market too! lol What a bed!

I just brought home my 29 DA business coupe last night, got it running today. Probably a good thing I bought it or I would be wanting to drive to NY to buy that Cabriolet! Man I love those! And I could haul pigs to market too! lol What a bed!
We need photos!!!

That is a really nice car, looks like someone has changed to sealed beam headlights? Is it convereted to 12 volts? Can we get some pict. under the hood and the interior. I wouldnt do a thing except paint the one fender and maybe the other three wheels.

That is a really nice car, looks like someone has converted to sealed beam headlights, is it converted to 12 volts? Can we get some under the hood and interior pict. I wouldnt change a thing except paint that one fender and maybe the other three wheels.

1930, it is still 6 volt. I doubt I can match the paint close enough to do just one fender so I plan to paint all 4 black and leave the body alone. I will post interior and engine shots soon. I had to go run the store for a couple days instead of playing so it will probably be after the weekend before more pics. All the wheels have been painted but 3 have weathered on the outsides and still painted on the back sides. They are actually almost purple and has some metallic in it.

Edited by dwollam (see edit history)

As far as I know DA wheels are not delivered painted but I like them painted myself. looks real nice with a pinstripe. Its not very often that I see this bodystyle and dont know much about it other than what I have in literature. I would like to see the band that runs around the edge of runningboard and the rubber also, looks like your might still be original and intact. I only have pieces of what was originally there. I am also curious to know what you have for front floormat. Anyway when you get to it thanks

Jason, good point about the front mat. At Keiser we discussed whether coupe roadster and/or sedan front mats are the same. EVERYONE, take measurements at the widestpoint at the seat, narrowest at the cowl,and front of door opening. MAYBE we can establish whether floormats will interchange. I know someone with a water jet that could cut new mats, but we need to know how many differant ones there are.

Sorry I dont remember if you have a parts book but it clearly lists different mats for the different styles so all most of us could possibly best hope for would be to referance the photos I gave in the other post and also if Dave Dwolllems mat is original than we have another referance. Or maybe there are other mats out there that we just have not seen yet. I am pretty posative I will never see what would have originally come in my car but I can use the photos to draw a mat up that would most defanitley be to close scale and replication to what I believe would have been there originally and anyone else could do the same.

If you know someone that could cut these than I would be your best friend forever, I dont know how water jet works other than the high pressure cutting espect, I did not realize that someone could control the depth of the cut as what would be needed here for these mats. I have already secured a supplier here locally for the rubber, I planned to go with unoriginal in appearnce mat in that it would be much thicker, I played around with a router and found that set at highest speed the rubber would cut and not just melt and make a mess, that was as far as I got.