Pretty big topic - runs the entire spectrum from toys to whatever. Lets get started with one of my favorite items - early illustrated children's books. What have ya got?

post-30751-143138063149_thumb.jpg

post-30751-14313806315_thumb.jpg

Wow, amazing you've kept those books. Trip books have been around for a long time. I've got a few early ones in my collection but they've never been filled in. One early one has a page where you can list "thinks killed along the way" while driving. It dates from about 1905. There are also a number of kids comic books from the early 1900s that feature stores with cars in them or illustrated. Here are a few more.

post-30751-1431380639_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Thanks Chris, the Library comes thru again with some superb items! A copy of Petrol Peter is very high on my most wanted list - I've searched a long time for one and have sadly rejected a few because of condition, but there's one out there someplace for me. I'll post something soon about auto sheet music too. As you know, I've got a rather extensive collection. The attached photo is another children's book that I've got.

Terry

post-30751-143138105149_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hey Judy, I've looked on-line for that too and have not had any luck finding it.

Did I hear you recently acquired something special for the garage? Something you always wanted? Wonder if we should have a new category on the forums so people could show off their acquisitiions?

Terry

Yes, you are right Terry. We just bought a 1918 Ford Model T Center Door. The upholstery is showing signs of wear and tear but is still original. I have named her Elizabeth since Lizzie seemed too common a name for a lady of such eloquence. After all she has carriage lights and bud vases. Kind of upscale for a Model T.

In the 30+ years that Barker and I have been married, this is the first car that we have bought together. All the rest were purchased before we were married. We have had 2 chances to buy a center door in the past but the price and timing were not in sync - until Elizabeth that is.

post-30694-14313819517_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest robinson

Hi..Terry Bond

I like your Stuff.I have purchase Second book is really interesting.I also want to purchase 'The picture book of motor'.I also want to know about this book.