Premier ?

Guest brockway

Guest brockway

Unknown touring car in action in a movie "Sherlock Jr.(1924). Is it a Premier, Mercer or some other high-quality car?

054.jpg

Frontal view

bscap0221ry6.jpg

Thanks for your help!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leif Holmberg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like a 4dr Roadster,never seen that before.

Leif in Sweden </div></div>

That was my first inpression too, but that must be a golf bag door handle behind the door. I think Chrysler offered a right side rumble seat door on the Imperial around 1929.

I would say it is definitely not Mercer. The sweep-in of the chassis rails rule that out, as does the pattern of the bonnet flutes; and also it is a car of much smaller scale. It is more the size of a Templar, but the one my son has here has straight chassis rails so I would rule that out too. That narrowing of the chassisis the thing to look for, and it was not uncommon with european cars into the early 20's.

Ivan Saxton

I think it's a 5 passenger touring car. If you look really carefully, I think you'll see that it is a dual windshield car, also. I don't recognize the radiator shell, unfortunately.

The funny thing about the photo is that the building looks like one of the outlaw hideouts in the Hopalong Cassidy movies. Oak of the Golden Dream State Park, maybe?

I think you are on the right track Jeff a. Rather than a touring car though, a "cloverleaf" roadster might perhaps fit the description; i.e. still a four passanger car however.. I don't think too many manufacturer's produced this body style. regards; jerry janson