Looking for Info on 1929 blackhawk

Guest Dylan Walker

Guest Dylan Walker

Hi my name is Dylan and I am in the Auto restoration program here at Mcpherson College. Myself and another student are finishing the restoration of our 1929 blackhawk roadster. We are looking for any info we can find on the car its self and for a few parts. The main parts we are looking for are 4 exterior door handles, 2 interior handles, and any original tail lights to see what if we have the correct ones. Any info on the car would be great. Thanks Dylan Walker.

• 5 months later...
Guest Dylan Walker

So i will have pics to post tonight of our progress, we got the body off today and will be having it media blasted soon. We hope to start on the chassis tomorrow. One major problem we are finding is that the rear fenders don't fit at all. It seems that the fenders that we were given with the car are rear sedan fenders and just don't fit. We are having a hard time finding out what the real ones looked like if anyone can help.

Guest Dylan Walker

Thanks that has helped a lot. Now i am looking for gaskets and pics of how all the linkage and wiring at the bottom of the steering column goes.

So i will have pics to post tonight of our progress, we got the body off today and will be having it media blasted soon. We hope to start on the chassis tomorrow. One major problem we are finding is that the rear fenders don't fit at all. It seems that the fenders that we were given with the car are rear sedan fenders and just don't fit. We are having a hard time finding out what the real ones looked like if anyone can help.

Here is a car like yours, I think. Maybe the photo will help a little with the fender configuration.

post-37352-143138111671_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Dylan Walker

Hey guys here's some much delayed photos of the car. These are about a month old so we are a lot farther along but it gives u an idea. A couple key things we are looking for are a throttle pedal, Starter engagement mechanism, and the fuse assembly. Thanks

post-60783-143138121596_thumb.jpg

post-60783-143138121598_thumb.jpg

post-60783-143138121601_thumb.jpg

post-60783-143138121603_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Dylan Walker

Hey guys, the car now has the suspension all cleaned and painted and the frame is painted and being assembled. We should have a whole rolling chassis and drivetrain by Christmas time. I have also found most of the parts we were missing except for one critical part. The part i need is the top mounts that come out of the rear Quarter panels. I don't have any pics of what they look like or the exact place they go. So if any of you can help us with pics or dimensions that would be great, Thanks Dylan.

Guest Dylan Walker

Thanks AJ. Between just the three of us that have this car as our Senior Project we have around 400 hours since the begining of September. Now that is missing the few hours here and there from some other classes helping us out. I would say add all those too and u would have around another 30 hours. I have new pics just not on this computer, so when I am back at school I will get some posted.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brian White

Hi guys, The '29 blackhawk Roadster that someone sent you pictures of is mine. I will be glad to send you pictures of any thing you need to see. I just completed the AACA Vintage tour with mine and it ran great. Mine has the 6 cylinder Stutz engine. Some had a 8 cylinder continental, whitch do you have? Tell Chris I said Hi. Brian White

Guest Dylan Walker

Well hi Brian and thanks. Man Chris Paulsen must know everyone lol. So those pics of the one for sale a couple of years ago at Hilton Head are of yours? We will need several pics of your car for sure. For start can you take a pic of the mount that sticks out of the body, that the top mounts to. I will say hi for you on Monday, Thanks Dylan.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a few spare parts here for a timken worm drive axle. Looks like you have one of those. What ratio? Also have a few things for bendix 3 shoe brakes - don't know if Stutz used them though. Is your column switch a Stewart Warner with 4 position and 5 lugs?

Guest Dylan Walker

Well Thanks, I don't think we need any parts for the rear axle. I will try and look at it when i get back to school. We don't have bendix brakes but thanks anyways. Now what is the column switch you talk of. I don't know what it is. Any pics or help could be great.

Guest Dylan Walker

Well thanks i have that site but i still haven't seen the column switch or the pics for the top mount. Thanks, if anyone has pics of these I would really appreciate them. Thanks Dylan.