Restoring a '39 Century.

Guest wk's_olds

Guest wk's_olds

Back in '05....or was it '06? (scratches head) A friend of mine brought me his '39 Buick Century sedan and asked me to do what body work needed to be done. It was pretty rough, even for a seasoned restorer as myself. I was to work on it just whenever I felt like it. (smart?) Now, he needs the car finished soon, so I've been really working on it in earnest now. The rear panel below the deck lid was rusted away, so I found a donor panel that was in fair condition. It was a task to replace it, however. The roof appeared as if the entire Russian army marched over it in their hobnail boots! The fenders were laughable...until I began to repair them. (cries) Actually, my wife did repair the rear fenders, (she's very good at this) and I tackled the demolished front ones. The hood was cracked and bent. A lot of welding has gone into this project, too. Lotsa rust holes to fix and cracks in the fenders, etc. I finally did manage to apply the polyester primer to the passinger side today. It's beginning to shape up! YES! Here's a BEFORE photo:

HPIM15242.jpg

Guest wk's_olds

Here's a BEFORE of the Rt Ft fender (typical of both front fenders) and an AFTER photo, too. And a pic of the fender yet in process.

HPIM2568.jpg

HPIM2572.jpg

HPIM2575.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wk's_olds

I decided to give it a coat of black just to be sure it was ripple-free. It didn't disappoint the owner..........

HPIM2584.jpg

• 8 months later...

I can't see any of the photos except the first one??? Message says I have to log in to a private photo bucket and provide a pass word. Does anyone else encounter this??

Pete Phillips, BCA #7339

Pete - ditto your message for me