Car cover

Vitelio 26

Hi Guys,

Just writing as I am a little concern about storing conditions for my car.

I live in the Dominican Republic, and the climate is somewhat humid, my car is currently kept indoors in my building's garage (no a/c, but well ventilated), however, sun light hits my parking spot and the car's tail lights during the afternoon.

I have stopped using my old car cover as it was too heavy, difficult to handle by one person, and kept moisture inside. It has an inner covering to prevent scractches, that has ultimately started collecting dirt and seems impossible to clean.

Is there any cover that could offer some degree of solar protection and still be ventilated and managable enough? Water or Rain protection is NOT an issue.

And most important able to be ordered online.

Regards,

Contact the following guy (who advertises in the Riview):

Barney Eaton

20111 Deerfield Dr

Georgetown TX 78628

512-869-5114

E-mail: barney@texas.net

Swap e-mails with him and shop online at the manufacturer sites he points you to. When you decide what you want, he will quote you a price. I'm not sure of his payment options, but I'm sure you guys can work something out.

I got the Dustop cover. It is intended for indoor use, it breathes well. As the name implies, it keeps dust that settles off of the finish.

I hope this helps.

I suggest you contact the ROA Dealer members listed in the back of the Riview. I'm sure they have some and can mail them to you. The housing is the same in '63 and '64, so if your lenses are good, you just need the metal part and can use one from either year.

• 2 years later...
They are the experts on car covers. I've gotten several from them

Hi Bob,

are you satisfied with their products ?

are you using their covers for garage or outdoor storage ?

I saw last days cheap cover for $10 (ten) - and I was thinking what quality you can get for ten bucks ?

On another hand, the covers from California Car Cover Co. are quite expensive.

This is why I'm asking you for your experience with their product.

Thanks

Like I said, I have gotten several car covers from California Car Cover and have been very satisfied. My 71 has always been garaged since the day I brought it home. So I keep it covered from the dust. Yes their covers are not cheap, but you only get what you pay for. All of their covers are custom made to your vehicle vs a generic one size fits all. I will say that I did buy a Duststop cover from them, after about 4 years it began falling apart and I was only washing it once a year in a commercial washer using the detergent they recommended. In 2005 I purchased one of their Weather Shield covers and I have had absolutely no problems.

Bob Bonto #277 ROA

Technical Advisor 71-73:)