HELP!! 1962 Rambler Classic S.W.

oldwood

Let me start this off saying we all can't start off with a Duesenberg. Question: Can I use "power" brake master cyl on a non-power brake car. They both look the same. Can I use the rod out of my old master cyl. to make this work? Come on RAMBLER fans does anyone have an answer? Remember when Rambler was #3.

It came with the original window sticker and original title.Automatic, 6cyl w/power pak, Factory A/C, Rambler Tissue Holder,Chrome Wings on each rear corner(what was the purpose of these?). Motor was disassembled when I bought it and I'm locating parts to rebuild. Gas tank was clean since not being licensed since '86. Rebuilding brakes right now. A couple of small holes in front floor pans. Wasn't looking for a new project, but a factory black 1962 station wagon has that "LOOK". This car cost $3169.75 in 1962 alot of $$$$ when you could buy a factory hot rod for that. You don't see many Rambler S.W. at car shows. TOO bad Mitt Romneys' dad is gone. Lets bring back the RAMBLER!!!!

Send the original one out to a place like White Post Restorations or Apple, or one of the others that will bore, and then sleeve with stainless to make yours better than new. Then Use either Dot-4 (Less hygroscopic than Dot-3), or if re-doing the whole system, I've had great results with Dot-5 Silicone and none of the so-called problems other folks talk about (be sure to flush-out the solid lines with alcohol, let air-dry, and change flex-hoses).

Years back in the mid-1980's we bought an extreme low-mileage Rambler Classic "400" 4-door sedan OHV 6-cylinder and 3-on-the-tree, Bed-Seats, radio-delete and dealer-ad-on A/C. It was one of the nicest-driving cars we ever had, and one of the most economical too!!! Should have kept it !!